Author Topic: Keys by Formation  (Read 2606 times)

Offline BG5

• FAN REACTION: +6/-1
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Keys by Formation
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:36:32 AM »
Gents,

I am trying to find a powerpoint or other visuals which shows keys of all 5 guys prior to snap.  If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

One problem I am having is determing what role the RB or RBs has in determining the strong side?

For example if you have a running back off the the side of QB with two slot receivers on both sides of the ball is that a balanced formation since you have two WR on each side or will the strong side be determined by the RB?  I know if its a balanced formation the BJ goes to the Line Judge side.

Offline jason

• FAN REACTION: +2/-1
Re: Keys by Formation
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 08:45:30 AM »
Philosophies vary on state, district, and association, but the general consensus I've seen/heard is that backs directly behind the OL do not count towards strong side consideration.  Eligible backs outside the tackles is what you should count.  The greater number is the strong side.  When balanced, some locations consider the wide side of the field the strong side.  When balanced and in the middle, general philosophy from most I've heard is the LJ side is now strong side.

Offline TampaSteve

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +23/-13
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 01:17:47 PM »
ditto what he said

Offline bigjohn

• FAN REACTION: +22/-36

Offline bigjohn

• FAN REACTION: +22/-36
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »