Author Topic: Funny on the field  (Read 1558 times)

Offline yarnnelg

• FAN REACTION: +55/-37
Funny on the field
« on: November 07, 2020, 02:37:11 PM »
My wife came by to watch us Officiating a first year Varsity game for a local church. They had played JV only for two years. They are playing a team from Tampa, another church .......predicted finish ......lions eat the lambs 100-0

At halftime The crew went in different directions to get drinks. I walked over to see my wife. There was not a stadium per say ....Cars parked along a rope to keep the cars off the field. She asks "How is it going?" I laughed and replied ...."This is their first Varsity year. They have never seen competition or contact at this level. Each time the Tampa Team kicks off following another touchdown, they are faithfully following their Christian teachings. Moses parts the Red Sea .....the front line runs to avoid getting hit by the kicking team. Coach refuses to run the clock in the third quarter. Following the slaying of the lambs ...... we get the clock and end the sacrifice."

Parents hearing this were laughing ...... I then said ..."The coach is right. These kids need to learn how to play football and not run for cover."

It was funny to watch ....the front line ran to each sideline to avoid getting hit.

Offline yarnnelg

• FAN REACTION: +55/-37
Re: Funny on the field
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 02:55:44 PM »
Florida has long since graduated to the point where any body of water has an alligator attached to it. New High School, built out of a swamp. But some of the residents decided to not leave the area. After all, open field, seldom any people around. Our crew arrives together in the parking lot ...we walk to the door with the signs pointing us to the direction of the Official's Locker room. Stop, stand, stare, laugh, suddenly a golf cart arrives ....
"I figured that if you guys were not moving ....Ralph was back into his hole. In the entrance to the double doors, there is his ten feet of boot leather glory...Ralph.

We used another entrance. Guy tells us, sometimes he's there, sometimes he's not .....and I'm not man enough to tell anyone that big that he has to move. Besides, he's like my kids ....never listens."