Author Topic: Goodbye to knickers  (Read 40054 times)

El Macman

Re: Goodbye to knickers
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 06:53:16 AM »
...there is a 2" white stripe on the pants, just like the ones we wore this season.

You may have something different, but the pants I have (from Honig's) from last season have a stripe that is not even 1 1/4" wide. Now, I don't know of a reason to make the stripe wider - it looks good to me as is. So, here's to hoping it doesn't get changed to 2".

elewis023

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 07:16:02 AM »
"Black pants will be mandatory in all of college football, not just a conference thing."

I doubt that this will actually be the case, at least not for a few years.  I know a few conference head's will not make their guys do this.  Not saying that we shouldn't all look the same, I just know some conferences want to "do it the way they want".  Remember, we are still a LONG way from national mechanics because of this very reason.

MJT

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 09:14:09 AM »
You may have something different, but the pants I have (from Honig's) from last season have a stripe that is not even 1 1/4" wide. Now, I don't know of a reason to make the stripe wider - it looks good to me as is. So, here's to hoping it doesn't get changed to 2".

My bad, I didn't measure them, just figured 2". I'm sure they will be the same.  :)

Dommer1

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2011, 07:17:53 AM »
1.25" according to what I've been told. I haven't measured mine though.

harvajr

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2011, 05:18:48 AM »
Initial meeting of the Spring Football Season here in SW Florida;FHSAA. "The Board" just INFORMED the membership we would be going to the Honigs(style) Black Football Slacks for ALL Varsity contests beginning this Fall.Sub-Varsity contests will remain with the Black Coaches-Style Shorts for the near future.  Needless to say the response was "underwhelming!"  Just a moment here to examine the facts........ SW Florida Football during August, and September; The "Surging Economy" distributing discretionary income to all! Guess the 2" stripe jersey isn't far behind?                                                                                                       

Offline TampaSteve

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +23/-13
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2011, 08:09:17 AM »
Initial meeting of the Spring Football Season here in SW Florida;FHSAA. "The Board" just INFORMED the membership we would be going to the Honigs(style) Black Football Slacks for ALL Varsity contests beginning this Fall.Sub-Varsity contests will remain with the Black Coaches-Style Shorts for the near future.  Needless to say the response was "underwhelming!"  Just a moment here to examine the facts........ SW Florida Football during August, and September; The "Surging Economy" distributing discretionary income to all! Guess the 2" stripe jersey isn't far behind?                                                                                                       
"Coaches-style" shorts?  Like Chuck Noll used to wear?  eek.  If you guys are moving to pants (updated uniform), perhaps consider moving to the UnderArmour-typs black shorts too.