Football Officiating > General Discussion

Unionized college football players

(1/2) > >>

ElvisLives:
Pandora’s box is fully open, and they’ll never get it closed, again. The NCAA really screwed the pooch with transfer portals and NIL. Goodbye, amateur sports.

dammitbobby:
I agree this is just the beginning... but I don't fault the players at all for wanting a piece of the pie that they have baked.  I DO fault the NCAA for being greedy and failing to figure out a different, more novel way to fairly recognize and compensate players for the immense economic value they provide, in a way that reflects their status as students, athletes, and (now) performers.

Who knows maybe in 20 years it will all implode and we'll go back to amateurs playing amateur sports and pros playing professional-level sports.

Etref:
No, 20 years from now high school will have NIL

Grant - AR:

--- Quote from: Etref on March 06, 2024, 08:37:08 PM ---No, 20 years from now high school will have NIL

--- End quote ---

It's already in high school.  I don't know how widespread it is, but I've seen a couple of articles about it over the past year or so.

Etref:

--- Quote from: Grant - AR on March 07, 2024, 10:24:22 AM ---It's already in high school.  I don't know how widespread it is, but I've seen a couple of articles about it over the past year or so.

--- End quote ---

It has been under the table, great job to dad, family gets a new car that junior drives, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version