Author Topic: Interception?  (Read 5052 times)

Offline the clown

• FAN REACTION: +7/-19
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Interception?
« on: November 06, 2017, 07:31:39 PM »
First time in 20+ years... Defender on a poorly throw ball, behind him, uses his foot to keep the ball from hitting the ground and kicks the ball up in the air where a teammate intercepts it...   Make the call and then tell me the over - under on the amount of time it took to explain the rule to the coach.  A: 1 minutes, B: 5 minutes, C: 10 minutes and a UF on the HC.

Offline sir55

• FAN REACTION: +12/-5
Re: Interception?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:44:45 PM »
illegal kick, C for the over under

Offline Ump33

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 06:29:50 AM »
So, on the interception is it safe to say that B had "clean hands" but "dirty feet"?

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 07:29:34 AM »
Accept penalty : 15, IK ,loose ball play = previous spot.

Decline penalty : interception stands, both coach and captain should face concussion protocol for making such a choice.

NOW, WHAT IF : Kicked pass completed to A2, who then advances to B'30 from B's 40...basic spot and clock.....

(A) spot of completion, clock on ready.
 (B) pass ruled incomplete, previous spot, clock on snap.
 (3) spot of foul, clock on ready.
 (4) previous spot, clock on ready.
 (5) end of run, clock on ready.
 (6) touchback

YOU MAKE THE CALL tiphat:

Offline VA Official

• FAN REACTION: +4/-6
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 08:15:15 AM »
Accept penalty : 15, IK ,loose ball play = previous spot.

Decline penalty : interception stands, both coach and captain should face concussion protocol for making such a choice.

NOW, WHAT IF : Kicked pass completed to A2, who then advances to B'30 from B's 40...basic spot and clock.....

(A) spot of completion, clock on ready.
 (B) pass ruled incomplete, previous spot, clock on snap.
 (3) spot of foul, clock on ready.
 (4) previous spot, clock on ready.
 (5) end of run, clock on ready.
 (6) touchback

YOU MAKE THE CALL tiphat:

Foul still occurred during a loose ball play, so the basic spot is the previous spot. Foul is by the defense so it's enforced from the basic spot. Assuming the play resulted in more than 15 yards, A will decline. If not, they'll accept. Clock will start... based on what happened at the end of A2's run (tackled inbounds or OOB). If he's inbounds, my answer is (4).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:17:52 AM by VA Official »

Offline prab

• FAN REACTION: +37/-47
  • Wherever you go, there you are!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 08:43:55 AM »
Defender receives D-1 soccer scholarship.

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 11:36:20 AM »
Defender receives D-1 soccer scholarship.

I hear a power-5 school in west Texas is looking for a good kicker.  Maybe Probably a new coach, too...
The grads are getting restless. ;)

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 12:44:24 PM »
First time in 20+ years... Defender on a poorly throw ball, behind him, uses his foot to keep the ball from hitting the ground and kicks the ball up in the air where a teammate intercepts it... 

Acknowledging it's ALWAYS tough to paint an accurate picture with words, that accurately matches what you may have seen. You might want to consider the words used by rule makers.

NHFS 2-24-1 "A kick is the INTENTIONAL striking of the ball with the knee, lower leg or foot."

NFHS 9-7-1 "No player shall INTENTIONALLY kick the ball other than as a free or scrimmage kick."

NFHS 2-27  "A muff is the touching of a LOOSE BALL by a player IN AN UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPT TO SECURE POSSESSION."

NFHS 2-44  "TOUCHING" refers to ANY CONTACT WITH THE BALL, ie, by either touching OR BEING TOUCHED BY IT.....

It's hard to render a judgment of what happened without actually having seen it happen.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:48:50 PM by AlUpstateNY »

Offline riffraft

• FAN REACTION: +18/-19
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 01:51:40 PM »
Acknowledging it's ALWAYS tough to paint an accurate picture with words, that accurately matches what you may have seen. You might want to consider the words used by rule makers.

NHFS 2-24-1 "A kick is the INTENTIONAL striking of the ball with the knee, lower leg or foot."

NFHS 9-7-1 "No player shall INTENTIONALLY kick the ball other than as a free or scrimmage kick."

NFHS 2-27  "A muff is the touching of a LOOSE BALL by a player IN AN UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPT TO SECURE POSSESSION."

NFHS 2-44  "TOUCHING" refers to ANY CONTACT WITH THE BALL, ie, by either touching OR BEING TOUCHED BY IT.....

It's hard to render a judgment of what happened without actually having seen it happen.

Doesn't the OP using the words "uses his foot" rather than "the ball hit his foot" at least imply intention?

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 01:55:57 PM »
First time in 20+ years... Defender on a poorly throw ball, behind him, uses his foot to keep the ball from hitting the ground and kicks the ball up in the air where a teammate intercepts it...   Make the call and then tell me the over - under on the amount of time it took to explain the rule to the coach.  A: 1 minutes, B: 5 minutes, C: 10 minutes and a UF on the HC.
If it happened like this, I'm probably going to make a judgment call and say he intentionally kicked it. Illegally..

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 12:59:07 PM »
Foul still occurred during a loose ball play, so the basic spot is the previous spot. Foul is by the defense so it's enforced from the basic spot. Assuming the play resulted in more than 15 yards, A will decline. If not, they'll accept. Clock will start... based on what happened at the end of A2's run (tackled inbounds or OOB). If he's inbounds, my answer is (4).

Congrats, VA, you nailed it  aWaRd aWaRd aWaRd aWaRd tiphat:

Offline AlUpstateNY

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 09:45:16 AM »
If it happened like this, I'm probably going to make a judgment call and say he intentionally kicked it. Illegally..

"IF" your aunt had.....more facial hair, she might be your uncle.  This is clearly, something unique, you'd really have to see, to fully understand.

Offline CalhounLJ

Interception?
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 12:18:11 PM »
Don’t talk bad about my aunt. She had a full mustache, btw. Lol. I completely agree. But if it happened as I have it pictured in my mind based on the information posted, I would still make the judgment that he/she (have to be there to make this determination) kicked it intentionally and illegally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AlUpstateNY

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 04:05:26 PM »
Don’t talk bad about my aunt. She had a full mustache,

Apologies to your aunt, I'm sure she keeps it appropriately groomed and looks lovely.

Offline CalhounLJ

Interception?
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 09:11:12 PM »
😳😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk