RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => Texas Topics => Topic started by: HoustonUmp on November 11, 2017, 07:26:56 PM
-
Just when you thought you knew how to officiate.......Coach let me know in no uncertain terms ;D that in high school you can't have targeting with an ejection since it has to go to review to confirm that it is really targeting. I bit my tongue from telling him to send me the film and I would review the play, but that the player had to sit out until the ruling came back from review.
-
I’ve always wondered if they discuss rules at coaching school. Apparently not. And they are their rules - not ours.
Gee, Coach. You might want to check your UIL exceptions to the NCAA rules.
🤔
-
Its been awhile since I have been to coaching school(bad terminology) but there a 2 distinct groups. Those that are there to catch up with old friends and drink and those looking for a new job. Not a lot learning going on, least wise not with the rules.
-
3 weeks ago, first play, the tail back out of the huddle just keeps walking up, back, side to side, flag at the snap. Coach wants to know why, motion is the reply, he states, with a straight face, he doesn't have to stop, he's in motion. The ex mother-in-law look wasn't near blank enough.
-
Shoulda been a False Start Cowman.