RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => Texas Topics => Topic started by: TexDoc on December 23, 2017, 08:08:10 PM
-
Dude, never, ever, push, pull, shove or lay hands on a player. Bad, bad idea.
-
Clip or it didn’t happen
-
Tell me when it happened (ish) and I will get the clip
-
Tell me when it happened (ish) and I will get the clip
Thank you for all the clips you have provided the last few days!
-
On the fumble into the ez for a score. Not sure of time. I’d have to go back and find it.
-
Here you go https://youtu.be/Nfcxvq5lkJk (https://youtu.be/Nfcxvq5lkJk)
-
Looks like more to me like #40 in maroon was wrestling with a white jersey player and fell to the ground at the same time the umpire put a "calming hand" on the maroon player. I do not think the maroon player was thrown down or pushed at all by the zebra.
-
It doesn’t matter to what severity he pulled or pushed the player. The mere fact that he put a hand on him is the problem. He obviously gave a shove. This is a very bad idea.
-
It doesn’t matter to what severity he pulled or pushed the player. The mere fact that he put a hand on him is the problem. He obviously gave a shove. This is a very bad idea.
You never have tapped a player on the back or put a hand on their shoulder to get their attention?
I still do not see an "obvious" shove. I see two players wrestling and falling to the ground, and the umpire happening to touch the maroon player right at that time.
-
I agree....kind of. What do you do to separate players that are mixing it up and standing chest to chest?
-
Im with the others above. Seems to me, he was just tapping the guy to get his attention to let up and the white player picked up his leg and tackled him. I dont know that I put that on the U
-
The fact that it's even a discussion though says that we should err on the side of caution and do what we can to not touch players. In this litigious society we live in the video could be used and even described in a way that doesn't paint us in the best light.