RefStripes.com

Football Officiating => Texas Topics => Topic started by: ElvisLives on October 05, 2018, 09:42:29 AM

Title: It's Friday...
Post by: ElvisLives on October 05, 2018, 09:42:29 AM
Everybody, go out and have a great game tonight.  Its not about us - it is about the players and the game.  Do them both justice.

Robert
Title: Re: It's Friday...
Post by: backjudge85 on October 05, 2018, 09:55:26 AM
Dilly, Dilly.

Well said!!!
Title: Re: It's Friday...
Post by: baylor_prospectref on October 05, 2018, 12:23:59 PM
Still training but I can't wait for the day that I can ref a game on Friday!
Title: Re: It's Friday...
Post by: JasonTX on October 05, 2018, 01:32:49 PM
Still training but I can't wait for the day that I can ref a game on Friday!

I hope you have hooked up with a crew and will be going out tonight with them to observe.  I took the night off but I will be going to watch a crew tonight to observe.  I have been doing this half as long as some of the posters here (18 years) and even they will tell you that you will learn a ton by just going and watching so that's why I am going.  Whenever you have reached a point that you are no longer learning, that is the point you need to retire. 
Title: Got lightninged out...
Post by: ElvisLives on October 06, 2018, 09:33:42 PM
Dang.  Never got started.  Lightning around 1 hour before scheduled game time, so management cleared stands and field, and, 3 hours later, conditions never improved, so they canceled the game.  All primed and ready, but not too be.  That’s OK.  This area needs the rain.

We’ll re-load and go again next Friday.  Hope all went well for everyone else.

Robert