RefStripes.com

Football Officiating => Texas Topics => Topic started by: mccormicw on December 14, 2019, 02:46:41 PM

Title: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: mccormicw on December 14, 2019, 02:46:41 PM
Good luck to everyone working a playoff game today.  I am watching Duncanville put it to Rockwall right now.  Any chance we can use NCAA Chatzy room to chat about high school games?
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: Txgarza on December 15, 2019, 10:09:23 PM
Must be a first, no state games for Houston??
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: JDM on December 16, 2019, 01:22:01 PM
Must be a first, no state games for Houston??

No, Houston has been omitted 2 other times since 2003 (2006 and 2008). Going from 4 last year to 0 is rough.
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: JasonTX on December 18, 2019, 12:02:18 PM
Referees, please delete "Illegal Procedure" from your vocabulary.   And don't say "I got", when beginning your penalty announcement.
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: williebe on December 18, 2019, 12:33:40 PM
As more and more schools are installing PA systems Referees need to be more vigilant in good mic mechanics. Watch and learn from the guys doing college ball on Saturday. Practice in front of a mirror. Think about what you’re saying.
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: Legacy Zebra on December 18, 2019, 01:55:08 PM
Along with microphones come cameras. Be aware that the camera is going to be on you before you actually start the announcement and will hold on you for a beat after you’re done. Make the whole announcement facing the camera.
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: JDM on December 18, 2019, 02:47:45 PM
Referees, please delete "Illegal Procedure" from your vocabulary.   And don't say "I got", when beginning your penalty announcement.

We need an "We got/We've got/We have" running total. Starting off strong!
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: TXPanhandle on December 18, 2019, 03:06:05 PM
Maybe TASO needs to implement a mic mechanic break out session at the state meeting and make it mandatory to be eligible for a state championship game.
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: JDM on December 18, 2019, 03:16:43 PM
Maybe TASO needs to implement a mic mechanic break out session at the state meeting and make it mandatory to be eligible for a state championship game.

I wasn't able to tune in. Did the R announce the number of the fouling player in the first game?
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: BearJudge on December 18, 2019, 03:18:34 PM
Huge pet peeve of mine is bad mic mechanics. I'm a young official, but even when I'm working sub-varsity as an R, I treat it like I'm mic'd up when giving my announcement, and then if I screw it up, I kick myself about it.
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: Legacy Zebra on December 18, 2019, 03:39:12 PM
Quote
Maybe TASO needs to implement a mic mechanic break out session at the state meeting

Great idea.

Quote
and make it mandatory to be eligible for a state championship game.

Terrible idea. The state meeting is time and cost prohibitive for a lot of officials. If TASO wants to make it mandatory, it needs to be online or at least have an online option.
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: TXPanhandle on December 18, 2019, 03:43:14 PM
I wasn't able to tune in. Did the R announce the number of the fouling player in the first game?

Yes he did.
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: JDM on December 18, 2019, 04:10:54 PM
Yes he did.

 aWaRd
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: dammitbobby on December 18, 2019, 07:25:41 PM
Where do the chain crews come from, for each game?  Are they from the chapter that is calling the game?
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: JasonTX on December 18, 2019, 08:10:21 PM
Where do the chain crews come from, for each game?  Are they from the chapter that is calling the game?

The same chain crew will work the whole day and they come from different chapters.  TASO spreads them around.
Title: Re: Playoff Game Chat
Post by: TXMike on December 18, 2019, 09:56:46 PM
OK  I renewed the room so no ads and full functionality   See y'all there!

NOTE:  This is the room address:  http://www.chatzy.com/33833104661315