RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => Texas Topics => Topic started by: HOULJ on August 26, 2021, 08:25:42 AM
-
I just wanted to say that I do not like the new format on the Football Friday App (the old app I think was Football Frenzy or Friday Frenzy).
I miss the games near me function and you have to login every time that you use it. Just my 2 cents this morning.
-
I think the login issue is temporary, until they can figure out how to verify email addresses (it's not hard) and yes, there is no games near me feature, which was always helpful, and adding favorite teams is a huge pain. When you can find the game you're looking for, there's not a way to add one or both f those teams to favorites, you have to go back to the 'add a favorite team' page which is just, well, dumb.
The old app was way better. I'm going to start looking for a different app.
-
Post it if you find a new app
-
MaxPreps is ok, ScoreStream seems to be much better.
I gave up when it crashed tonight, the app is just trash with the update.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/scorestream-sports-scores/id514772744
-
The update absolutely sucks. Go leave a review in the App Store to voice your concern.
-
I deleted it. They’d have to bring it back exactly as it was for me to even consider downloading it again.
-
I deleted it. They’d have to bring it back exactly as it was for me to even consider downloading it again.
You got your wish. Check the app store. They brought the "classic" version back.
-
Good. The new app was a hot mess. Just got it downloaded and it even still has all my local teams saved.
I get they want o monetize it, but they'd be better off building a 'free' app for just scores, and a paid app for all the other bells and whistles, that also has the scores.
-
Not familiar with this app. Can y'all give me some details? What it does, platform and name?
-
Link to download (Apple): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/football-friday/id454252261
Link to download (Google Play): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fridaynightrivals
This is hands down the best app that I know of for getting area football scores. It's basically crowdsourced out, if you have the app, and are at a game, you can update the score. There's also a chat function that a lot of people like (for trash talking, etc) but I never really paid attention to that aspect. There is a GREAT feature, 'Show Games Near Me', and it will give you all the scores for games within a particular distance from your location. You can also save teams, to see local scores, etc. It also gives the venue where they are playing, which is super helpful in metro areas.
It originated as an independent app, and DCTHSF purchased it a few years back. This was an attempt to monetize it, that ended badly, so they reverted it back to the old code base. Hopefully they keep it that way.