RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => National Federation Discussion => Topic started by: juxone on October 09, 2021, 06:54:18 PM
-
I have only been at this a few years but I have a question about a recent discussion question:
The QB receives a shotgun snap and turns to throw a forward pass to A85 behind the neutral zone. B22 is aware there is no pass interference behind the neutral zone and tackles A85 prior to the arrival of the pass. This is a legal play behind the neutral zone. T/F ?
I have two questions the first is does a foul on the defense make a play illegal. The second would the this be a holding call or UNR or no call at all?
As I understand it a "play" starts at the snap and ends when the ball becomes dead? ???
-
I think the verbiage is referring to the acts within the play being legal or illegal. The proper call here would be defensive holding.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
I think the verbiage is referring to the acts within the play being legal or illegal. The proper call here would be defensive holding.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And that makes complete sense and would have been my call. In working to have a deeper understanding of rules, I guess I am troubled by the wording of the questions-- and the accuracy due to training in my "other life". hEaDbAnG