RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => National Federation Discussion => Topic started by: NVFOA_Ump on May 24, 2022, 06:01:31 AM
-
Any updates on when the printed 2022 Rules and Case Books will be available to order?
-
Near the end of May...we are nearing the end of May, so any day now. We receive ours from our state association , where you are from a commonwealth and not a state , :) it may be different :) .
-
The NCHSAA provides ours as a part of registration. Registration opened for the 2022-23 year on May 15th. We normally don't get our material til sometime in June.
We will also be making the full jump into DragonFly Max this season. Last year we registered on DFM but still got assigned via The Arbiter.
And we have a new Asst. Commish for Officiating.
-
Near the end of May...we are nearing the end of May, so any day now. We receive ours from our state association , where you are from a commonwealth and not a state , :) it may be different :) .
I realize that we're "common" but I'm not really sure where the "wealth" part comes from? I just know that I'm not in that part. ;D
-
We will also be making the full jump into DragonFly Max this season. Last year we registered on DFM but still got assigned via The Arbiter
Good luck with that. 90% of the complaints I’ve heard from officials and assigners in the past two years are DF related.
-
Anyone gotten a printed rule book yet? I’m teaching rule 7 next weekend but won’t get the book before then, could someone post the rule change text verbatim from rule 7?
-
Anyone gotten a printed rule book yet? I’m teaching rule 7 next weekend but won’t get the book before then, could someone post the rule change text verbatim from rule 7?
This may help, SCline, if your rulebooks have yet to arrive. Turn to page 61 of 2021 book and add under 7-5-2 EXCEPTION :
2. It is legal for a player to conserve yardage by intentionally throwing an incomplete forward pass if :
a. The player is or has been beyond the lateral boundary of the free-blocking zone as established at the snap when the pass is released; and
b. The forward pass reaches the neutral zone or beyond, including the area outside the field of play.
NOTE 1: There is no requirement for an eligible offensive receiver to be in the area for this exception.
NOTE 2: Should the passer meet both criteria in (a) and (b) , it is an incomplete pass.
This was the rule that we passed. Hope this helps.
-
Thank you