RefStripes.com

Football Officiating => National Federation Discussion => Topic started by: HLinNC on June 01, 2022, 03:32:56 PM

Title: Behavior Campaign Planned in High School Sports as Many States Report Increase
Post by: HLinNC on June 01, 2022, 03:32:56 PM
From our friends at the home office -
https://www.nfhs.org/articles/behavior-campaign-planned-in-high-school-sports-as-many-states-report-increase-in-officials/
Title: Re: Behavior Campaign Planned in High School Sports as Many States Report Increase
Post by: bama_stripes on June 02, 2022, 06:22:10 AM
That’s 2 minutes I’ll never get back.....

We all know what the problem is: Coaches set the tone for the behavior of their players and fans, and they’re now getting six-figure salaries to win football games, instead of four-figure supplements to coach and cut grass.

How you gonna put that genie back in the bottle?
Title: Re: Behavior Campaign Planned in High School Sports as Many States Report Increase
Post by: CalhounLJ on June 02, 2022, 07:25:12 AM
Boy, am I excited.
Title: Re: Behavior Campaign Planned in High School Sports as Many States Report Increase
Post by: Ralph Damren on June 02, 2022, 07:47:48 AM
Several years ago I did a series of 30"segments on topic :" BEFORE YOU BOO, KNOW THE RULES" on a sports radio station before a game broadcast. I would explain the differences between NFHS, NCAA & NFL codes on a certain rule. I would close the segment with : "...ENJOY THE GAME, BUT REMEMBER THAT IT IS ONLY A GAME, AND THE 'ENEMIES' ON THE OPPOSITE SIDELINES ARE ONLY KIDS, LIKE YOUR'S OR YOUR NEIGHBORS. SET A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THEM BY CHEERING NOT JEERING !".

It gave me a 'feel good' moment doing these. How many listening did listen and follow my suggestion is unknown. I hope at least one  8]. IMHO, while the article provides a 'feel good' moment for NFHS and all of us affiliated with her, if it impacts at least one coach, it may have been worth it.
Title: Re: Behavior Campaign Planned in High School Sports as Many States Report Increase
Post by: AlUpstateNY on June 02, 2022, 08:50:22 AM
Several years ago I did a series of 30"segments on topic :" BEFORE YOU BOO, KNOW THE RULES" on a sports radio station before a game broadcast. I would explain the differences between NFHS, NCAA & NFL codes on a certain rule. I would close the segment with : "...ENJOY THE GAME, BUT REMEMBER THAT IT IS ONLY A GAME, AND THE 'ENEMIES' ON THE OPPOSITE SIDELINES ARE ONLY KIDS, LIKE YOUR'S OR YOUR NEIGHBORS. SET A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THEM BY CHEERING NOT JEERING !".

It gave me a 'feel good' moment doing these. How many listening did listen and follow my suggestion is unknown. I hope at least one  8]. IMHO, while the article provides a 'feel good' moment for NFHS and all of us affiliated with her, if it impacts at least one coach, it may have been worth it.

AMEN.  I've long realized that we likely don't have a significant increase in the number of really stupid people, unfortunately however, we seem to have a glaring increase in the number of, otherwise rational people, willing to pay attention & follow the example of really stupid people.
Title: Re: Behavior Campaign Planned in High School Sports as Many States Report Increase
Post by: TampaSteve on June 16, 2022, 04:18:37 PM
I always find it interesting that most double-digit IQ folks are the ones behaving the worst.
Psst, if you look to the coach first and he aint angry, ya think there's a problem.