RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => General Discussion => Topic started by: HLinNC on November 07, 2012, 03:34:20 PM
-
OK after years of coloring in the white stripes with a Sharpie and liquid black polish, the day has come where NC now allows white on the shoes.
I love my Adidas Pro Intimidate lows and always regretted coloring them in. I've tried 409, Greased Lightening, GoofOff, Comet, and plain ole soap & water. The stuff is slowly coming off but not fast enough for my needs.
These shoes are not available anymore so buying a new pair is out. Any ideas on what will strip it off?
(http://www.zappos.com/images/722/7220665/1733-228379-t.jpg)
-
Dynamite? LOL
-
Majic Eraser
-
Use acrylic paint in white and paint over the black stripes. Must be acrylic - not enamel paint. You will need to mask the area around the stripes to get the professional (pedantic) job you strive to get. Or loosen up on some of that $$$ and buy new shoes. tiphat:
-
Ready for this one?
Either:
1 - amonia. dab some on a towel & wipe with your finger
or
2 - a chemist's concoction of baking soda & spray vinegar on the baking soda that is applied. - watch the fizzies do their work.
or
3 - hire a club house guy
Whatever you choose, spray the whole shoe & wipe down with WD40. (which actually is 'good' for the leather...or leather-type material)
-
Treat yourself to a new pair of Adidas Turf Hogs. I switched to them this year and have been very happy with them.
-
Treat yourself to a new pair of Adidas Turf Hogs. I switched to them this year and have been very happy with them.
+1 To this. I have been wearing the Adidas Turf Hogs for three seasons now and absolutely love them! They weight next to nothing compared to a lot of other shoes. Lots of D1 officials use them.
(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5147776/shoes.png)
http://www.zappos.com/adidas-turf-hog-lx-low-black-running-white-metallic-silver (http://www.zappos.com/adidas-turf-hog-lx-low-black-running-white-metallic-silver)
-
Lots of D1 officials use them.
That's called "apparel contract."
-
Treat yourself to a new pair of Adidas Turf Hogs. I switched to them this year and have been very happy with them.
I'm trying to find a pair of them, but apparently no where in the UK sells them!
-
Does Adidas make all-black Turf Hogs, or just the white stripes?
-
My gripe with Turf Hogs is the mesh. Don't care for that. I had an older model a half dozen years or so back.
As it turns out, my WH wants to wear all black even though the state approved white markings. I just threw another coat of polish on them and will move on to a new pair next season.