Author Topic: Moving to umpire  (Read 1082 times)

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +48/-44
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Re: Moving to umpire
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 03:29:54 PM »
As long as we get the ball to the right succeeding spot, how it gets done doesn't really matter.  We've always just done the math, then hustled to the succeeding spot and spotted the ball.  But, always have the H checking the math and the spot, and the L holding the enforcement spot until the enforcement is complete and correct.

Robert

Online AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +257/-487
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 04:53:52 PM »
There may be "Endless" ways to "skin a cat", whose effectiveness is determined by the results they produce, which in this instance seems to be arriving at the correct succeeding spot as promptly, convincingly, effortlessly, with an absolute absence of confusion, delay or any form of unnecessary consternation or concern.

Offline Magician

• FAN REACTION: +106/-4
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2018, 05:07:59 PM »
As long as we get the ball to the right succeeding spot, how it gets done doesn't really matter.  We've always just done the math, then hustled to the succeeding spot and spotted the ball.  But, always have the H checking the math and the spot, and the L holding the enforcement spot until the enforcement is complete and correct.

Robert
Yeah but whenever I see a guy stepping off each year (5 10 or 15) I think he must not be paying attention to how we teach this. What else doesn't he know?

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +48/-44
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2018, 06:45:35 PM »
Yeah but whenever I see a guy stepping off each year (5 10 or 15) I think he must not be paying attention to how we teach this. What else doesn't he know?

Very legitimate concern, and a universal issue, Iím afraid.  We just keep trying to show the best techniques, and hope for the best.

Robert