Author Topic: TASO PreSeason Video  (Read 751 times)

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +226/-244
  • When you quit learning you quit living
TASO PreSeason Video
« on: June 19, 2019, 12:53:45 PM »
Next video is available now.    Log in to members area of TASO.org.  Go to Football Members page.  At bottom of page there is a section for ďClinicsĒ. Click on the plus sign to open the list and select video 2.

Offline Phantomref

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: TASO PreSeason Video
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 12:59:49 PM »
Whomever is in charge of the TASO.org website should update the site so that the videos and other important updates are prominently displayed once a member logs into their particular Members page. It makes it much less frustrating to find things....IMHO tiphat:

Offline TxBJ

• FAN REACTION: +9/-4
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 02:45:08 PM »
Itís hard to believe a professional organization of this size has never had a decent website. No concept of website usability or user friendliness. But we keep paying our membership fees and letting them do what they do.

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +68/-68
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 08:15:07 AM »
If you have some specific suggestions for making improvements to TASO, perhaps you should contact your District Director and ask him to present your ideas to the Board.
Just a thought.

Robert

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +83/-30
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 12:40:45 PM »
Itís hard to believe a professional organization of this size has never had a decent website. No concept of website usability or user friendliness. But we keep paying our membership fees and letting them do what they do.

I've had suggestions in the past but didn't keep them to myself.  The suggestions I had were communicated with TASO and they implemented them. TASO is member driven.  If you see something that would make an improvement,  let them know.  They are good at a lot of things but mind-reading they are lacking.

Offline TxBJ

• FAN REACTION: +9/-4
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 12:51:39 PM »
Points taken. To be clear, I am not complaining about TASO as an organization.  And I appreciate the time and effort that goes into the training videos and appreciate TASO trying to provide more training at the state level. My point is they need someone that understands how to organize a website for the user. Maybe have someone in the office attend usability training. As noted above, having to hunt for these videos and other importantly info that should be prominently displayed can be frustrating to users.

Offline Joe Stack

• FAN REACTION: +31/-43
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:47:23 AM »
The suggestions I had were communicated with TASO and they implemented them.

I hate to say it, but that experience has not been universal. I agree with your other points and I don't wish to discourage anyone from making suggestions to improve the organization but there are some that don't want to return to what they think is a dry well.

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 08:15:47 AM »
I hate to say it, but that experience has not been universal. I agree with your other points and I don't wish to discourage anyone from making suggestions to improve the organization but there are some that don't want to return to what they think is a dry well.

Joe,

Is this because they didn't implement a suggestion?  Or, because no response or feedback was received?

Not accepting a suggestion is one thing.  But, the feeling of being ignored is another, and one that I would hope we could get corrected.

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +92/-26
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 08:59:37 AM »
Joe,

Is this because they didn't implement a suggestion?  Or, because no response or feedback was received?

Not accepting a suggestion is one thing.  But, the feeling of being ignored is another, and one that I would hope we could get corrected.

Boy, do I have a story for you about this subject!

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 10:06:33 AM »
Boy, do I have a story for you about this subject!

Untold stories are not much help.

It is one thing to follow protocol and send a written suggestion to the appropriate person(s), but never even get acknowledgement that the suggestion was received, considered, or acted upon.  All legitimate, formal suggestions deserve to be acknowledged, with a positive or negative response.  That's better than being totally ignored.

On the other hand, never expect a verbal conversation with somebody to constitute the offering of a suggestion, no matter who is that person. 
"I was in an elevator with Mike Fitch and I told him we should "blah blah blah."  He said that was a good idea, but then nothing happened."  Sorry, but that doesn't count as a legitimate offering of a suggestion to TASO.  Likewise, it isn't a legitimate complaint against TASO, either.

I made a suggestion to the Mechanics Committee during the last suggestion period, which, obviously, was not accepted.  I 'heard' from reliable sources that it was received, but not given much consideration.  My complaint is that it would have been nice to have received a quick note from TASO saying at least, "Thank you for your suggestion, but the Mechanics Committee does not feel this suggestion is appropriate for TASO football officiating, at this time."  Then I would have at least known they received it, and considered it.

Working through your District Director is always a good place to start.  If you can get him on your side, then you'll have at least one voice in your favor when any type of suggestion (mechanics, uniform, procedures) gets considered by the Football BOD.

I'll be the first to say that the vast majority of suggestions are not likely to get much consideration.  But a legitimate, formal suggestion deserves a response.

The membership deserves that, and I strongly believe that.

Robert

Offline bctgp

• FAN REACTION: +3/-8
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 04:06:19 PM »
Hi - would you mind sharing your mechanics suggestion to TASO?

Thanks.

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 11:01:49 PM »
BCTGP,

I discussed the issue of measurement mechanics in a post on April 17 (or 19?), under the General category. Sorry, I donít have the expertise to provide a direct link to it.

Thatís what I proposed to the committee.

Robert

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +226/-244
  • When you quit learning you quit living