Author Topic: Re: Fall Football and Dr. Fauci (political version)  (Read 61 times)

wishbone and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +451/-27
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Fall Football and Dr. Fauci (political version)
« on: July 07, 2020, 08:38:24 AM »
Political correctness is killing this country!

Just my $.02
I'm surprised that PC has not yet approached the football term "blitz" which is short for blitzcreag (sp?) the German term  for "lightning war" that was used by the WW II bad guys.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:56:32 PM by carol1995 »

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +92/-35
Re: Re: Fall Football and Dr. Fauci
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 05:11:27 PM »
I'm beginning to think the powers that be need to erase all data regarding the counting of Coronavirus.  In my county they don't have a clue as to how many cases we have.  The state is reporting one set of numbers while the local health department is issuing conflicting counts.  They are making decisions based on people who have already recovered 2 months ago.  They should only be counting the current positive patients.  We had some medical people who left for 3 months to go work on the other side of the state and while there they ended up getting infected.  They never did return to my county until well after they recovered.  But because they had an address here they also included them in our county totals along with where they are currently working.  Are we really counting some people twice?   Clear the slate and start counting new cases so we can be more accurate.

Offline zebrastripes

• FAN REACTION: +7/-7
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 05:57:50 PM »
I'm surprised that PC has not yet approached the football term "blitz" which is short for blitzcreag (sp?) the German term  for "lightning war" that was used by the WW II bad guys.
The PC crowd and MSM only cares about "racism" when it is "directed" at one particular group.

Offline bbeagle

• FAN REACTION: +12/-42
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 08:04:23 PM »
The PC crowd and MSM only cares about "racism" when it is "directed" at one particular group.

Trump is destroying the country by encouraging division instead of trying to find common ground. The NASCAR scene when all the drivers United behind Bubba Wallace was amazing. Instead of Trump praising this unifying scene, he instead asks Bubba Wallace to apologize? For what? Bubba didnít find the noose, or blame anyone. This is victim blaming. Trump finds the racist way even when the uniting way is right in front of his face.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +92/-35
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 10:54:27 PM »
Trump is destroying the country by encouraging division instead of trying to find common ground. The NASCAR scene when all the drivers United behind Bubba Wallace was amazing. Instead of Trump praising this unifying scene, he instead asks Bubba Wallace to apologize? For what? Bubba didnít find the noose, or blame anyone. This is victim blaming. Trump finds the racist way even when the uniting way is right in front of his face.
I don't think it's Trump.   The Smollett case, the case in Oregon with Jonathan Lopez creating a fake racist letter.  People are creating racism when there is none and then they try to pen it on the President.  Mountains out of mole hills.

Offline bbeagle

• FAN REACTION: +12/-42
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:17:34 AM »
I don't think it's Trump.   The Smollett case, the case in Oregon with Jonathan Lopez creating a fake racist letter.  People are creating racism when there is none and then they try to pen it on the President.  Mountains out of mole hills.

Yes, what Jussie Smollett did (report a crime that didn't exist) is horrible and wrong. And what Jonathan Lopez did (wrote a fake racist letter to himself) was ALSO horrible and wrong.

AND what President Trump did was ALSO horrible and wrong. (Trump asked a black man to apologize for a noose found in his garage. Bubba Wallace did NOT find the noose. Someone ELSE created the noose long ago, and THAT person, if they find out who he is needs to apologize, but CLEARLY not Bubba).

I expect our President to be a much better person than Jussie Smollett or Jonathan Lopez. But he is not. He is acting the same horrible way both those others did.

The MSM (main stream media) did NOT support either Jussie Smollett OR Jonathan Lopez when the truth was found out - they condemned them both - just like they are condemning Trump for his horrible actions.

Anyways, the point is that Trump is not uniting our country, but doing the same dividing our country that Jussie Smollett or Jonathan Lopez did. I expect the President to be a much better person.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:32:38 AM by bbeagle »

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +84/-73
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 11:03:59 AM »
I realize this is the "General Discussion" forum, but this is still a sports officiating web site, not a political opinion forum. I would hope that we could, and would, constrain our comments to things more germaine to officiating.

FYI, our local organization will have our first face-to-face group meeting next Monday evening (COVID be d am ned, but with medical safety protocols). It will be good to discuss new rules, and other items of direct officiating interest, person-to-person.

Keep the faith.

Offline carol1995

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +40/-4
Re: Fall Football and Dr. Fauci (political version)
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 12:56:17 PM »
I attempted to split the political discussion in this topic into it's own thread.  It will also be moved to the "Non-Officiating Discussion" section of the board.