Author Topic: Someone sent these to me....  (Read 365 times)

Offline Navcom

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
  • The Action is the Juice...............I'm in.
Someone sent these to me....
« on: May 25, 2020, 05:50:33 PM »
1) A4/11@B-21. Near the end of the 4th quarter with the offense trailing by 7. The ball is
snapped with 0:11 seconds. QB A1 is flushed out of the pocket and runs near the LTG he
is hit and the ball comes loose (0:02). the fumble is recovered at the B-3 by A87 and he
runs into the EZ. Time expired during the fumble

a. Replay shows that A1 was in possession of the ball at the B-11 when his elbow
touched the ground.

b. Replay shows that A1 was in possession of the ball at the B-9 when his elbow
touched the ground.

c. There is no replay for this game, Ruling?

2) A3/6 @B-21 (1st Possession of the 1st overtime period.) A1 receives the snap and runs
an option to the right, facing pressure he pitches the ball back to A3 who then throws and
completes a forward pass to A90 in the back of the EZ. immediately after A3 throws the
pass B65 hits him with forcible contact to the head/neck area with his shoulder. Ruling?
Enforcement?

3) A2/5@B-45. Late in the 4th quarter with the clock running and under 10 seconds left in
the 4th quarter. The offense rushes to the LOS to spike the ball. Not all 11 players had
set when the snap occurred and team B was in the process of substituting and substitute
B90 was still on the field at the snap.. ruling? clock?

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +103/-34
Re: Someone sent these to me....
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 01:55:12 AM »
I'm not an expert in replay rules as IFAF has a completely different system, but here goes.

1a) Replay reverses the result of the play to A1 being down at B-11. The game clock would not have stopped, so the referee will subtract 10 seconds from the game clock. Game over.

1b) Replay reverses the result of the play to A1 being down at B-9. The game clock would have stopped, so the game clock is reset to the time of A1 going down at B-9. Game clock will start on the ready.

1c) Fourth down fumble rule applies. Ball is returned to B-3. No score, game over.

2) Targeting, B65 is disqualified. Interestingly I don't see an option to move the penalty to the start of the next possession series as you could do if there was a kickoff, so it must be enforced on the try. A try@B-1.5.

3) False start of the second kind. As this is a dead ball foul and the ball never came live, there can be no team B substitution foul. A2/10@B-50, quarter over unless team A spends a timeout to avoid the runoff.

Online Legacy Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +45/-9
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 09:23:36 AM »
1B and 2 touch on rules that are changing this year.

In 1B, because the clock will start on the RFP, if there is less than 3 seconds left and Team A is out of timeouts, the game is over. If time expires, replay cannot put less than 3 seconds on the clock if it will start on the RFP.

In question 2, the new rule says that PFs that could have carried over to the kickoff can now carry over to the succeeding spot in OT. So A can either have he try from the 1.5 or make B start 1st and 10 at the 40.

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +103/-34
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 09:26:12 AM »
In question 2, the new rule says that PFs that could have carried over to the kickoff can now carry over to the succeeding spot in OT. So A can either have he try from the 1.5 or make B start 1st and 10 at the 40.

That's a good change, makes rules more consistent.