Football Officiating > Texas Topics

Wireless (Bluetooth) O2O systems

(1/3) > >>

FWREF:
Has anyone had good expirences with any of the wireless headsets for the O2O systems. My crew uses the Beofang 888s. I really want to get rid of some of the wires if i can.

TexDoc:
I purchased one and used it for about 1 minute.  Junk.  And, the headset itself was like a phone bluetooth and the other guys couldn't hear me very well.  The main problem was horrible interference.  Wired, although a pain, is much better.

JasonTX:

--- Quote from: TexDoc on June 16, 2020, 08:00:24 AM ---I purchased one and used it for about 1 minute.  Junk.  And, the headset itself was like a phone bluetooth and the other guys couldn't hear me very well.  The main problem was horrible interference.  Wired, although a pain, is much better.

--- End quote ---

In your expert opinion what is the best radio for officials?  I have the 888S and it's not good for someone like me that needs chrystal clear sound.  My ears don't hear all that great.

peterparsons:
The 888 is the most commonly used radio in the UK, although personally I use a Baofeng UV-5R as I found I would catch the channel selector knob on the 888 and change channels with realising it. Our experience here is that the single biggest component impacting sound quality is the earpiece/headset and the best thing to do is buy a separate one as the one that comes with the radio is not great. The one I've settled on is one like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Retevis-Overhead-Headset-Talkies-Earpiece/dp/B010SWIB2I/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=kenwood+radio+headset+boom+mic&qid=1592384200&sr=8-5

I attach the PTT button to one of my belt loops.

TexDoc:

--- Quote from: JasonTX on June 16, 2020, 11:06:07 AM ---In your expert opinion what is the best radio for officials?  I have the 888S and it's not good for someone like me that needs chrystal clear sound.  My ears don't hear all that great.

--- End quote ---

The UV5R is a perfect little radio but you will have to do some programming.  That's what we've been using since allowed to use radios.  They work very well and have more power than the cheap FRS radios.  I paid a LOT more for the headsets we use, which make all the difference. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version