Football Officiating > Texas Topics

What to do if a clock operator is not doing their job?

(1/1)

Official_21:
I was just wondering, what are the proper steps I should take if there is a fellow clock operator who is not doing their job properly and is affecting me,  assuming the R hasn't noticed throughout the game (I know most crew chiefs will have noticed by half time if either clock operator is not doing their job properly and this might be an extremely rare situation)

Usually I will try to help my fellow TASO clock operator out there but there is only so much (or little) you can do during a game, as you have to concentrate on running the clock you are assigned and what if the clock operator is an employee of the school/school district?

How would I go about reporting this? Should I leave a situation like this in the hands of the crew chief/chapter?

Like I said, I do realize that the above might be an extremely rare situation, but it is better for me to be prepared to deal with it, should it come up.

JasonTX:
Some verbal judo may be in order.  Maybe he isn't stopping it when he should.  "I've noticed that sometimes that button will sometimes be slow on reacting to your pushing it.  You might try tapping it a little and it should respond to your commands."

Official_21:

--- Quote from: JasonTX on June 18, 2020, 03:16:36 PM ---Some verbal judo may be in order.  Maybe he isn't stopping it when he should.  "I've noticed that sometimes that button will sometimes be slow on reacting to your pushing it.  You might try tapping it a little and it should respond to your commands."

--- End quote ---
Forgot it may be an equipment problem and not the fault of the person as well.

TexDoc:
If the CO is a TASO chapter member, give them a radio on the same frequency as the one your crew is using, and make sure he uses a headset so no one else in the press box can hear.  If he's not a TASO member, give him a cheapie FRS radio and slip another in your pocket.  No need for headset.  Only communicate with him when there needed changes or problems. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version