Football Officiating > General Discussion

NC governor announced today his preference for return of school-

(1/2) > >>

HLinNC:
There were 3 plans- A, B, C

A was open school with few alterations
B mixture of online and in-class learning, most likely alternating days
C online only

He chose B.  The NCHSAA board now must study the guidelines and come up with their plan for athletics.  There are two "key safety measures" that I think are going to kill it off.

Discontinue activities that bring together large groups
Limit nonessential visitors and activities involving external groups

ncwingman:
And now fall sports are kicked back a month (at least...). First practices are now Sept 1.

I would be surprised if that doesn't get changed again.

JasonTX:

--- Quote from: ncwingman on July 15, 2020, 09:12:18 PM ---And now fall sports are kicked back a month (at least...). First practices are now Sept 1.

I would be surprised if that doesn't get changed again.

--- End quote ---

Same number of games or did they just wipe out the first couple of games?

ncwingman:
I believe the details are all TBA at the moment.

HLinNC:

--- Quote ---Same number of games or did they just wipe out the first couple of games?

--- End quote ---

They're still kind of making it up as they go.  Playoffs were scheduled to begin 11/13.  We have delayed playoffs by one week before for hurricane damage in the East and wildfires in the West.  This would throw us about six weeks off.  All sorts of scenarios arise.  Locally we have some non-conference games that are big rivalries and huge money makers for the schools.  To just write them off has more of an impact than just a missed game.  It would effect the entire athletic budget for the schools.  Then you look at inequity in scheduling where if they just pick up at Week 7 on the schedule, who got to dodge who in the conference race?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version