Author Topic: 2 or 1 handshake?  (Read 2453 times)

Offline QCZEBRA

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
2 or 1 handshake?
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:25:12 PM »
During the captains meeting do you have them shake hands when they get there and after the meeting or after you finish the meeting?
When life gives you a lemon, take that lemon, throw it back and yell "I don't like lemons they are sour!"

Offline JugglingReferee

• FAN REACTION: +40/-15
  • Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, Θεοῦ Υἱός, Σωτήρ
Re: 2 or 1 handshake?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 02:48:51 AM »
I usually say something like "Say Hello Men."  They know to hake hands with their opponent at that time.

After I'm done my thing, my last words are usually "have fun", etc., and most teams shake hands again, with the odd time of the captains going to shake the hands of the opposing coaches.

Offline GoodScout

• FAN REACTION: +8/-9
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 06:29:14 AM »
Mine shake first, and then at the end since they seem to always want to do it again, I say "shake hands with the man across from you and go bring your teams on the field" to save time.

Offline Livin' in the pit

• FAN REACTION: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 09:36:40 AM »
When I'm in the R spot, I usually ask the captains to shake hands and introduce themselves from the get go.  At the minor level, the usual procedure is to snag the captain's numbers at this point, and this allows my umpire to get the numbers. Once that's done, if they want to shake hands after, that's fine - there's no great delay incurred.

nolary

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »
I like to stand between the captains, give them a very brief talk ie: play the whistle, don't talk to the opponent.  Very brief since they do not really listen anyway. Then resolve the kickoff choices, make my signals then say shake hands and bring out your teams,  Good luck.  ^good