Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Texas Topics / Re: 6 man OT foul question
« Last post by Legacy Zebra on Today at 02:23:10 PM »
In the first two scenarios, it would have to be clearly after the ball was dead for me to make it a dead ball foul in this situation. And I know that is not the approved philosophy, but in the interest of crew credibility (and that of officiating in general), I would want it to be a live ball foul so we could enforce it. It would kill our credibility to throw a flag for a punch and then wave it off and leave the field unless it was obviously after the play. If you did rule it a live ball foul, Bs PF and As illegal procedure would offset and the try would be replayed. If you judged it to be a dead ball foul, As illegal procedure includes loss of down thus ending the game and the punch by B technically occurs after the game and is thus not in our jurisdiction.

In the third play, the ball is dead as soon as the kick is blocked and is obviously unsuccessful. Anything that happens after that is after the game and not our jurisdiction.

But lets look at a similar situation. Instead of trailing, the teams are tied in the second possession series of the second OT. Team A attempts a field goal that is blocked and stays behind the neutral zone. Holder A12 picks up the loose ball and runs across the goal line. Give a ruling with and without the punch from B38.
National Football League / Re: Super Bowl play
« Last post by Kalle on Today at 12:10:20 PM »
If Tampa had deflected the ball would it be considered a live ball? Or if Kansas City deflected it should it be considered a fumble and thus live?

If it had been deflected before it touched the ground, the ball would have remained live and would still have been a pass. Deflections do not change the status of the ball.
« Last post by CosmoKramer on Today at 11:41:21 AM »
As you've now pointed out, the first listing of the play is a foul for not having an exchange before advancing the ball.  So game will be over. 

With the correction that involves the kick being blocked, if at all possible I'm not going to reward a team for a successful try when there's such a UNR (punching).  If it's bang/bang occurring when the ball is crossing the goal line I'm pushing to go with the foul occurred before the score and game is over.  I can live with it being so close that the blame needs to be put on the player for the punch.  However, if you now for a fact the ball crossed first, you have to live with that fact and count the score and proceed.  That's my take.
« Last post by dammitbobby on Today at 09:58:17 AM »
Same play/no fouls:  (7-1-4) 11. Unless the ball is kicked or forward passed, it may not be advanced beyond the neutral zone until AFTER AN EXCHANGE has been made between the receiver of the snap and another player. 5 yards and LOD, which would mean the game is over.

Slightly different scenario: kick is blocked, A picks it up and runs it in.  Ruling?
Texas Topics / 6 man OT foul question
« Last post by dammitbobby on Today at 09:27:14 AM »
During their possession in the 2nd OT period, Team B has scored a touchdown, to bring the score to 64-66, Team A leading.  On the try, the snapper sends the ball over the head of the holder A12, who recovers the ball and manages to run into the end zone.  B38 punches A22 and throws him to the ground as A12 enters the end zone.

Also, same play, but no fouls occur.

Ruling?

Primarily interested in philosophy/how it is handled when H/L have forward progress/TD or not, but don't see the foul, and the U/R that have the foul, aren't sure of the location of the runner when foul occurred, how to determine dead ball foul or live ball foul.  Matters quite a bit in this scenario.
Non-Officiating Discussion / Re: Mahomes vs Brady
« Last post by ElvisLives on Today at 07:44:50 AM »
anything stopping it happening again next season?

No. I amend my statement: Neither record will be broken by other players, current or future, IMHO.
Amendment means change.

Change it again. Easy.
Non-Officiating Discussion / Re: Mahomes vs Brady
« Last post by Jimjim09 on Today at 05:36:25 AM »
anything stopping it happening again next season?
National Football League / Re: Super Bowl play
« Last post by Jimjim09 on Today at 05:33:06 AM »
If Tampa had deflected the ball would it be considered a live ball? Or if Kansas City deflected it should it be considered a fumble and thus live?
https://www.sportsbetting3.com/nfl/nfl-betting

Saved Mahomes more embarrassment there tho.
yeah the games rarely overlap. friday night and saturday morning soccer. there is a lot to be made doing both in fall. soccer plays 3 games a week.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10