Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
National Federation Discussion / Re: Punt play...what ya got?
« Last post by BetweenTheLines on June 10, 2021, 07:14:20 AM »
I was responding with the rule as it would be enforced today! The forward pass was still illegal when most of us started.
National Federation Discussion / Re: Crazy play...what ya got?
« Last post by HLinNC on June 10, 2021, 06:48:29 AM »
I might have a chat with my NC friend Mr. Mark Dreibelbis and garner his thoughts on this one.

I actually thought about sending him this play myself.  I just figure he's on the golf course now.
« Last post by CalhounLJ on June 10, 2021, 06:44:38 AM »
That's why I said that the Fed had begun "to stick their head in the rabbit hole".   The pop up kick is a play, where in theory, we must let the ball become live, even though legally dead, and then quickly rule it dead if need be.  I've yet to see one in person.  I guess our region's kickers are not that accomplished
We called one the first year the rule was put in. I guess it had the intended effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last post by HLinNC on June 10, 2021, 06:43:24 AM »
Therefore, Fundament IX (1) is not applicable as this fundamental only deals with Fouls while the ball is live.

That's why I said that the Fed had begun "to stick their head in the rabbit hole".   The pop up kick is a play, where in theory, we must let the ball become live, even though legally dead, and then quickly rule it dead if need be.  I've yet to see one in person.  I guess our region's kickers are not that accomplished
National Federation Discussion / Punt play...what ya got?
« Last post by CalhounLJ on June 10, 2021, 06:41:53 AM »
In response to Ralphs illegally kicked kick; R would have the ball 1st and goal from the 4 after a half the distance penalty.
Nope. End of play was at the 8. Penalty happened in K end zone. Result of play is Rs ball at the 8. If R accepts the penalty the result is safety. If R DECLINES the penalty we not marking off anything. Its R ball at 8. At the time of Ralphs game. Remember, hes old as Moses. 

« Last post by BetweenTheLines on June 10, 2021, 06:37:34 AM »
In response to Ralphs illegally kicked kick; R would have the ball 1st and goal from the 4 after a half the distance penalty.
« Last post by CalhounLJ on June 10, 2021, 06:31:23 AM »
A Pop-up kick, is by definition a Free-Kick Infraction.
A Free Kick infraction is a Dead Ball Foul.
So...........
When a pop up kick occurs, the ball, by Rule, never became live.

Therefore, Fundament IX (1) is not applicable as this fundamental only deals with Fouls while the ball is live.

Thas my story and Im stiking to it...  :sTiR:
I get it. But still, the foul doesnt happen until the ball is kicked , and the down begins when the ball is snapped or kicked. So we have in essence done what you just scolded Ralph not to do. But Im not mad.

Baseball / Re: Run doesn't count?
« Last post by Ralph Damren on June 10, 2021, 05:31:52 AM »
This particular team can't do anything right.  Dude hit a solo shot home run.... And still was called out.  While he was taking a gander at his wonderfully hit ball, he failed to touch first base.  Opposing team appeals and won the appeal.
My fav was a "grand-slam single" by former Red Sox player Dalton Jones. Bases full at Briggs Stadium in Detroit ,when Jones came to bat .
(1) Opponent was the Red Sox, now hated by Jones;
(2) Jones hits a fly toward the RF seats;
(3) less then 2 outs and runners were holding;
(3) ball makes it into 1st row just over fielder's glove;
(4) Jones  ;D pumps his fist in joy AS he passes the runner at 1st;
(5)  :thumbup Jones  :thumbup is out for passing a lead runner;
(6) Sox end up winning by one. ..

[/NOT ALL BASEBALL STORIES HAVE HAPPY ENDINGS  :puke:

...UNLESS YOU'RE A RED SOX FAN  8]
b]
« Last post by Ralph Damren on June 10, 2021, 04:56:35 AM »
Il a legal scrimmage kick is blocked (or some how remains in or behind the NZ) and the kick has not touched the ground when K illegally kicks the ball, the status of the ball is still a kick and could meet the requirement of a fair catch.
I learned this the hard way, by blowing a call the year after we changed the rule pi1eOn ...

(1) 3rd & 10 @ A's 5;
(2) A/K tries to quick kick;
(3) punt is blocked;
(4) the kicker's soccer skills returned and he illegally kicked the loose ball in the end zone  ^flag ;
(5)the ball sailed OOB @ A's 8;
(6)  thinking old rule and treating IK as a fumble, I ruled safety and gave no choice :o ;
(7) shortly thereafter I realized it should have been treated as a kick;
(8) B/R could have taken the ball at A/K's 8 if declined  :-[ .

There are game situations where 1st & goal @ 8 could be a better choice than 2 points and receiving a free kick. I didn't give them any.

Our rule change was prompted by a play occurring in the mid-west...

(1) A throws a forward pass;
(2) B-2, with great soccer skills, leaped and kicked the airborne pass to the ground for IK  ^flag;
(3) officials ruled incomplete pass & IK - common sense  8] ;
(4) common sense ain't always right :!# - shoulda' been treated as a fumble (ole' rule)  ::) ;
(5) new rule now makes common sense.

[/LESSON LEARNED :
HUMANS MAKE MISTAKES..HUMANS LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES...AND DON'T MAKE THE SAME ONES AGAIN.
b]
National Federation Discussion / Re: Uncommonly enforced rules
« Last post by KWH on June 10, 2021, 12:05:48 AM »
The "Anthem" is "THE ANTHEM", it's "unique" and a moment of thanks and respect we pay to those whose sacrifices allow us able to gather together and watch a game we enjoy. 

If there's a delay, it's worth waiting until whatever is causing the delay can be dealt with.  Despite delay, the game clock will still remain at 12:00, so waiting a little to pay respect for our ability to gather, really doesn't, and shouldn't matter.

I unequivocally agree with ALF!
(only the 2nd time in 15 years)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10