Author Topic: TASO Mini Quiz  (Read 1690 times)

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
TASO Mini Quiz
« on: April 02, 2021, 05:52:36 AM »
1. 6 feet. Know it. Keep it clear. Use it.

2. Live-ball UNS foul by A7 (formerly A21). Penalize 15 yards (or 1/2 distance) from the previous spot and repeat the down. Add 1 to A7's UNS counter.

3. Charge a T/O to Visitors before the kickoff. Give 'em the full T/O if they want it. Play the kickoff down, and then penalize Visitors 15 yards at the succeeding spot (on the try, or succeeding kickoff, if a TD is scored, at the option of the offended team). This is a team UNS, so no player gets charged with this on his UNS counter.  (Curiously, I just noticed that the penalty statement actually say that the Home team has the option to penalize on the try or the kickoff. That can't be right. Gott be the offended team. Right?)

4. False. Referee notifies the home head coach that the visiting team's headphones aren't working, solely as a courtesy to the visiting team. Play then continues immediately. Team communications equipment is not under the jurisdiction of game officials.

5. False. If there is nothing wrong with the ball that is in the game at that moment, the game ball shall NOT be changed.

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
Re: TASO Mini Quiz
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 03:33:27 PM »
Link to the questions?  I haven't gotten an email or anything and don't see it on the website.

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 03:54:59 PM »
Link to the questions?  I haven't gotten an email or anything and don't see it on the website.

If you aren't getting the TASO e-mail, you may want to check into why.

Here is the e-mail from TASO:

The first TASO Football bi-weekly Mini Quiz is now available in your Member's Portal at taso.org then click My TASO Links and select the "Quiz Link" under Football Season Update.
The bi-weekly Mini Quiz will be posted every two weeks, with answers posted the following week. The quiz is a great tool for individuals, crews, study groups and chapters to enhance their rules knowledge and to generate rules discussion among fellow officials.
Feel free to download or print, and give it a shot without your rules book the first time.
TASO Football Training Committee

Give it a shot.

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 04:00:11 PM »
Yeah def will - I'm paid up and I only have three options under My TASO Links:  Taso Football - Member's Portal Page, Football Chapter, and Refund Football.

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 05:40:13 PM »
Yeah def will - I'm paid up and I only have three options under My TASO Links:  Taso Football - Member's Portal Page, Football Chapter, and Refund Football.

Well, the navigation directions may not be quite correct. After you log in, select “My TASO Links,” then “open” the Members Portal, then select the “Quiz Link.” That should get you there.

Offline Rmars86

• FAN REACTION: +2/-3
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 11:34:33 AM »
Yea, it took me a second to find.

Login.
Click on "My TASO Links" on the top of the screen
Click on "Open" by TASO Football - Member's Portal Page
Find the section labeled "Football Season Updates"
One of the options is "Quiz Link" - it was the very bottom one for me, although I'm sure that could change.