Author Topic: From the Mouths of Coaches 2021  (Read 2367 times)

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
From the Mouths of Coaches 2021
« on: October 20, 2021, 03:00:36 PM »
Following a Facemask Foul against a defender who had pulled the facemask of an eligible receiver opposite the side of the play. 

Coach:  You single handedly extended a drive with a foul that had no impact on the play.

Me:  I didn't single handedly do anything.

Coach:  Well, he (SJ)  did, he threw the flag.

Me:  It was a safety foul and we call those no matter where or what impact it has on the play, unlike holding.

No flags thrown on the coach but came very close.

Later in the game the HL comes up to me and asks, "what is the threshold on when we will flag the coach next time he accuses us of cheating?"  I told him to flag him next time.  Two plays later.   ^flag.   

Me:  That didn't take long.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: From the Mouths of Coaches 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 07:55:06 AM »
Possible responses to above mentioned coach....

TO IVY LEAGUE COACH : "Kind sir, you may question my ability at this advocation , but you MUST refrain from questioning my integrity ."

TO THE FARM/COW COUNTRY COACH : "BUSTER, YOU CAN SAY I SUCK AND THAT WILL GIT YA'  ^flag, BUT IF YA' SAY I CHEAT, THAT'LL GIT YA'  ^flag ^flag :thumbup." :puke:

…..There may be others.

EDITOR'S NOTE : Colloquialism may allow insertion of ...Ayuh,Y'all, Spec' so, ole' bud , dude and others                       

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 03:47:04 PM »
Following a Facemask Foul against a defender who had pulled the facemask of an eligible receiver opposite the side of the play. 

Coach:  You single handedly extended a drive with a foul that had no impact on the play.

Me:  I didn't single handedly do anything.

Coach:  Well, he (SJ)  did, he threw the flag.

Me:  It was a safety foul and we call those no matter where or what impact it has on the play, unlike holding.

No flags thrown on the coach but came very close.

Later in the game the HL comes up to me and asks, "what is the threshold on when we will flag the coach next time he accuses us of cheating?"  I told him to flag him next time.  Two plays later.   ^flag.   

Me:  That didn't take long.
Yep. Call me sorry if you want, but don’t accuse me of cheating. Automatic flag. Every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 06:43:03 AM »
Generally when they use the word “you” it doesn’t end well
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline Covid 22

• FAN REACTION: +6/-11
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 10:06:33 AM »
There are so many ways for the coaches to walk the thin zebra colored line.
1) I get scr__ed every time I use this chapter.
2) I knew I shouldn't have agreed on this crew.
3) I get the homer treatment every time I play here.
4) You'll never work another game of mine.
5) You have called 6 fouls on us, do you know how many you have called on them?

Most of these, I would take once maybe twice but after that it was time to have a heart to heart with the Head Coach.  Never had an issue after the TALK.  It also made them made because I would position myself around the 25 and make them come to me.  Had a couple hesitate but they would eventually come on down.

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 10:28:22 AM »
5) You have called 6 fouls on us, do you know how many you have called on them?

No coach has ever said that. They say, "You have cawled 6 penalties own us, and they're doin' the same thang and you ain't callin' nuthin' on dem." They don't know the word "foul." Everything is a "penalty" to them. Same with TV announcers. "There's a late penalty flag."

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 08:10:52 PM »
So a coach decided to step down from coaching because he felt it was time to spend time with his wife and get away from "idiot fans."  So, me being on constant alert for recruiting opportunities,  inquired if he'd like to join the dark side.  His reply:  "F#$% that!"

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 12:04:50 PM »
Giving a choice, to a persistent coach, that can be effective either way, calmly & privately as possible, "Coach, YOU have a choice. YOU can choose to keep your comments, to me or my crewmates, civil & appropriate and remain on your sideline to coach your team however you decide, or you can say whatever you want, as loud as you choose, to whomever wants to listen to you, in the parking lot."  You don't have to wait for an actual/specific selection.