Author Topic: Coronavirus Experience  (Read 2213 times)

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
Coronavirus Experience
« on: March 22, 2020, 03:10:17 PM »
I'm just curious if any member here has or personally knows someone who has Coronavirus. 

Offline chaoslord

• FAN REACTION: +2/-2
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Coronavirus Experience
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:00:34 PM »
One of my best friends just lost his father to COVID. I have a different friend who I suspect had it based on how he traveled followed by getting sick, but he was at a time where they were only testing the most serious of cases and guess he didn't meet their criteria.

Offline Official_21

• FAN REACTION: +9/-0
  • What on earth have I gotten myself into???
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 04:30:32 PM »
My half sister in Singapore had symptoms of COVID and was hospitalized. Thank god her test came back negative, was discharged and went back to work (She works for the Malaysian Embassy in Singapore)  ^flag

Hoping she doesn't get it ever again.

Offline Grant - AR

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +63/-5
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 08:57:43 AM »
I have a football official friend in Kentucky that let us know last week his step father passed away from Covid19.  He was in the hospital for around 2 weeks. 

Offline Magician

• FAN REACTION: +257/-8
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 01:52:36 PM »
I've known several who have tested positive. I have a co-worker who passed away over the weekend in his home, and they believe it may have been COVID-related. He lived on his own and had indicated to no one he was sick. He did have a neighbor who has a positive test. We also lost a local HS athletic director yesterday afternoon. He had been in ICU for 12 days and sick for a week before that. He is one of 4 people who attended a basketball sectional tournament who have since passed due to COVID. There have been no reports they were all contracted there, but it's definitely possible. 11 total positive tests are known for people who attended. This AD was a big supporter of officials and hosted our annual clinic the last 4-5 years.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 07:20:10 PM »
Sorry to hear that Magician.  What state are you in?  One of our member's wife was just released from the hospital.  She is a nurse who had also went through cancer treatment.  She tested positive a little over 2 weeks ago and her health went downhill fast and had to be placed on a ventilator.  She was treated with hydroxychloriquine for about 3 days.  The were also using zithromax as well and that started to have an impact on her heart so they stopped using that.  Through about 6 days on the ventilator she was making slow improvements each day.  They were finally about to remove the vent.  Over the past 2 days she tested negative both times and has since been released from the hospital and is at home recovering.  It was definitely a rough 2 weeks.

Online Matt

• FAN REACTION: +17/-3
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 02:01:53 PM »
Here in Michigan we just lost one of our veteran football and basketball officials last week to covid 19. My sister in law is right on the front lines as she is a respiratory therapist.

Offline Magician

• FAN REACTION: +257/-8
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 06:04:36 PM »
Sorry to hear that Magician.  What state are you in?  One of our member's wife was just released from the hospital.  She is a nurse who had also went through cancer treatment.  She tested positive a little over 2 weeks ago and her health went downhill fast and had to be placed on a ventilator.  She was treated with hydroxychloriquine for about 3 days.  The were also using zithromax as well and that started to have an impact on her heart so they stopped using that.  Through about 6 days on the ventilator she was making slow improvements each day.  They were finally about to remove the vent.  Over the past 2 days she tested negative both times and has since been released from the hospital and is at home recovering.  It was definitely a rough 2 weeks.

Indiana. This article appeared in the local paper over the weekend.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/04/18/coronavirus-indiana-lawrence-central-basketball-sectional-10/5145870002/