Author Topic: Tough Test Questions  (Read 1764 times)

Offline SCHSref

• FAN REACTION: +15/-10
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
Tough Test Questions
« on: May 21, 2021, 12:52:42 PM »
What ya got? What questions have you come across that are head scratchers?
If you didn't see it, you can't call it

Offline blandis

• FAN REACTION: +3/-4
Re: Tough Test Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 06:41:56 PM »
I hate True/False questions!

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 07:51:01 AM »
When I was on the Editorial Committee we were each asked to 25 questions each for Part I & II of the exam. They were then thrown into a backlog of 300+ questions of yesteryear to produce the exams. Armed with paper, pencil and a fax machine (this was 20 years ago), I began to write some tricky ones 8]. Shortly thereafter a call came from the NFHS Editor. "You're not an educator ,are you ?",he asked ??? . He then explained : "Of the 25 questions, 21  of them answer 'false'  ::)." I replied that I tried to make them tricky :o. The editor then responded : "Our job is to ensure that the takers know the rules, NOT to trick them :(."

I learned my lesson  yEs:. There aren't many Ivy League English professors writing the questions.  pi1eOn

« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 08:21:07 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 06:55:26 AM »
Since this is an “open book, untimed” exam (at least in our state), it actually tests your ability to navigate the rules and case books.

And that’s a good thing, IMO.

Offline zebrastripes

• FAN REACTION: +9/-11
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 07:09:36 AM »
A 3/10 from the B-20. A1’s forward pass is intercepted by B1 at the B-3, whose momentum carries him into his own EZ. B1 fumbles the ball forward and it goes across the GL into the field of play. At the B-5 A2 (a) bats or (b) muffs the ball forward in an attempt to keep it in play. The ball rolls across the GL where is goes OOB behind the pylon.

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 07:45:35 AM »
A 3/10 from the B-20. A1’s forward pass is intercepted by B1 at the B-3, whose momentum carries him into his own EZ. B1 fumbles the ball forward and it goes across the GL into the field of play. At the B-5 A2 (a) bats or (b) muffs the ball forward in an attempt to keep it in play. The ball rolls across the GL where is goes OOB behind the pylon.

How about:  B's interception at the 3 and his momentum carrying him into EZ activates "Momentum" (TB).  A2's foul (bat), after fumble, is enforced from the spot of the fumble (EZ) which because it was in EZ (TB) is the A-20yd. 

In B. succeeding spot after the fumble is still the A-20 and the muff is not a "new force", so it's B's ball 1-10 at A-20.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 09:52:01 AM »
No Mo' if fumble goes OOB in the field of play, in which case B would have the ball where it went OOB. In (a) assuming B's fumble was grounded, a new force put the ball back in the EZ = TB + IB =b's ball @ 30. (b) a muff is not a foul,but a new force if B's fumble was grounded, = TB.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 12:31:21 PM »
Since this is an “open book, untimed” exam (at least in our state), it actually tests your ability to navigate the rules and case books.

And that’s a good thing, IMO.
We do the same, it drives us in the book. IMHO, if one misses a question he felt he looked up, he will research it further to see where he misunderstood.

Offline ncwingman

• FAN REACTION: +72/-13
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 08:53:37 AM »

Ooh, I know this one.

True!