Author Topic: 2nd Annual Blue Ridge Football Officials Clinic  (Read 7897 times)

Offline bushman

• FAN REACTION: +23/-3
2nd Annual Blue Ridge Football Officials Clinic
« on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:21 AM »
The 2nd Annual Blue Ridge Footballl Officials Clinic is scheduled for March 12th 8:30 - 5:00 in Salem (Roanoke) Virginia. The clinic sold out last year and the early enrollment discount of $95.00 is good until Feb 2nd, at which time the fee will increase to $110.00. The day will be filled with speakers, break out sessions, and lunch will be provided. We have changed our format to more meet the needs of the attendees and have changed our presenters and spleakers. We think the clinic will be even better than last years success. The $95.00 fee is a good deal compared to other regional clinics and discount hotels are provided if needed.
Please check out our website www.brfoc.com for more info and registration forms.

GoGoGo

Re: 2nd Annual Blue Ridge Football Officials Clinic
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »
I will be attending this clinic.

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »
I was working on my plans yesterday during the big snow.  I know there are about 4 hotels listed on the website.  I google mapped Salem and it appears the two closest are the Quality Inn and Comfort Suites off Exit 137 at VA112.   Which would you recommend?
Please PM me if you prefer not to post it publically.

Offline bushman

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:32:51 PM »
No problem. There are many other hotels in the Roanoke area, these have offered us the set discounts. Please pass along this info to any official you think might want to attend. I hope to see you there this year. I stayed at the Comfort Suites last year and it was a good hotel.

Offline VALJ

• FAN REACTION: +90/-14
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 09:34:29 PM »
This was a great clinic last year.  I highly recommend it (even if I don't think I can swing it myself this year).

Offline bushman

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:56:35 PM »
Thanks VALJ,
We think with the change in format to allow for more breakout sessions and different speakers and presenters we will have a great clinic.

GoGoGo

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 06:39:35 AM »
Is there going to be a special section for "Refstripes" members to sit so we get to see and talk to each other.

yEs:    ???    ^flag

Offline bushman

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 01:54:12 PM »
We can arrange it if we know who is a refstripe member.
We want to thank all who are attending or who have passed along our info to fellow officials. We are now sold out for the 2nd year in a row and look forward to a great clinic  this next weekend.
Please attend a clinic near you if possible to improve your officiating and meet fellow officials.
Best wishes for the 2011 season.

GoGoGo

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 08:16:31 AM »
GREAT to hear that the clinic is sold out.
I will be driving over 5 hours to get there bu tI am sure it will be worth my travel.

BackJudge4Life

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 12:52:04 PM »
5 hours for me too.  Looking forward to it!

Offline bushman

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 03:28:56 PM »
Thanks to all the officials who attended the clinic. We had a full house and hope all enjoyed the day. We look forward to next years clinic which will most likely be in Tenn or GA to cover a different area. The committee enjoyed seeing all the dedicated officials who attended.