Author Topic: Mass. officials organization  (Read 8928 times)

runninbj

Mass. officials organization
« on: July 18, 2011, 02:40:06 PM »
Hey all, moving to Mass. soon (Boston area) and was wondering who the contact for a football official's organization is there. I checked the MIAA's website, but not sure if I should contact the ANEFO, MIFOA, AIFO, or MAFO.

Thanks!

Offline shaker55

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
Re: Mass. officials organization
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 08:51:27 AM »
What town are you moving to?

Offline Bob M.

• FAN REACTION: +98/-20
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:23:32 PM »
REPLY: Equally im[ortant question: Where are you moving FROM? Unless it's Texas, you'll have a whole new rule code to learn. Massachussetts uses NCAA rules.
Bob M.

The Ref Thats Lef

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 03:44:40 PM »
REPLY: Equally im[ortant question: Where are you moving FROM? Unless it's Texas, you'll have a whole new rule code to learn. Massachussetts uses NCAA rules.

or maybe not

http://www.turnto10.com/story/21933540/riil-picks-massachusetts-group-to-provide-football-referees

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 11:46:14 AM »
Wow, is that 90 officials covering the state?  I know RI is small but that is about the size of my local association, and we are probably the next to smallest group in N.C.

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 05:41:49 AM »
Wow, is that 90 officials covering the state?  I know RI is small but that is about the size of my local association, and we are probably the next to smallest group in N.C.

54 schools, according to the RIIL website.  Don't know if they all play football.  90 officials should easily be able to cover that.

Sounds like from the news article that this has been brewing for quite some tine, & that the RIFOA wouldn't (or couldn't) meet the expectations of the RIIL.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 08:09:13 AM »
54 schools, according to the RIIL website.  Don't know if they all play football.  90 officials should easily be able to cover that.
If 75% of them play football you would be hard pressed to cover any given Friday night with just 90 officials.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 12:12:21 PM »
If 75% of them play football you would be hard pressed to cover any given Friday night with just 90 officials.

That would be 20 games per week (54 x .75 / 2).  According to the RILL website, they only use 4-man crews.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 01:07:16 PM »
According to the RILL website, they only use 4-man crews.
The would make a difference, but it still doesn't leave much wiggle-room. And how many times per year would each official see each team?
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

mfed

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 10:34:40 AM »
eastern connecticut and southeast mass are splitting the state of rhode island up to cover all the games.....both states use 5 man crews (6 if requested in CT and playoffs).