Author Topic: Re: Kickoff  (Read 2003 times)

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
Re: Kickoff
« on: October 27, 2020, 08:17:36 AM »
This is correct from someone that is obviously very familiar with Rule 12. I realize not everyone has the need to delve into that rule or the Instant Replay Casebook, but if you feel it necessary to post replay opinions, then it would be good to do some research first.

DBAA, dude.

Offline ref6983

• FAN REACTION: +2/-33
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 08:30:14 AM »
DBAA, dude.

Don't make statements of fact without knowing the rules. Follow the examples of Elvislives and Legacy Zebra.

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 08:40:00 AM »
In a perfect world, everyone would know every rule.  The vast majority of individuals here aren't collegiate-level officials who are well-versed in rules.  People come here to learn, and to posit their opinions based on the knowledge and understanding they have.  Discussion and often disagreement often go hand in hand on topics here.

Yes it would be awesome if everyone knew every rule the way you do, Zebra, and Elvis do.  But since not everyone does, I'll say it again:  DBAA.   

Offline ref6983

• FAN REACTION: +2/-33
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 08:47:38 AM »
In a perfect world, everyone would know every rule.  The vast majority of individuals here aren't collegiate-level officials who are well-versed in rules.  People come here to learn, and to posit their opinions based on the knowledge and understanding they have.  Discussion and often disagreement often go hand in hand on topics here.

Yes it would be awesome if everyone knew every rule the way you do, Zebra, and Elvis do.  But since not everyone does, I'll say it again:  DBAA.

And I'll say it again, people should not post statements of fact without knowing the rules and doing the research. Elvislives is the perfect example. Specifically, states he isn't well-versed on replay if he gives, albeit rarey, an opinion on it. He clearly knows the onfield staff as well as anyone I've seen. Legacy fills in the replay gaps well.

Opinions are always fine. Facts are a different matter. And in officiating, facts still outrank feelings.

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 09:52:25 AM »
I'm not the father or boss of anyone associated with Refstripes (and that is a fact), but I don't want to see any of y'all get admonished by an Administrator (which they would be justified in doing). Let's try to keep this to the rules, philosophies, and mechanics of football officiating, and not degenerate into something less. None of us runnin' for President, here. (Hmmm. Now, there's a thought...)