Football Officiating > General Discussion

Thanks to Grant

(1/3) > >>

ElvisLives:
Grant,
While I can only truly speak for myself, I think EVERYBODY that uses this valuable training, teaching, communication, and, yes, social website appreciates the work you put in making this as good as it can be for American football officials worldwide.
THANK YOU!
Let us know if/how we can help.

Robert Cameron
Lubbock, Texas

dammitbobby:
^^What he said!  Thank you for all the behind-the-scenes work you do, that many (myself included) often don't appreciate.

Grant - AR:
Thanks guys!  I appreciate the kind words.

When I started this site back on May 27, 2005 (my birthday present to myself a long time ago), it was a labor of love.  I spent hours and hours on here behind the scenes playing with different features of the software...and loved every minute of it.  Because of certain circumstances out of my control, I had to step away from it for a while, but Rulesman was willing to step up and keep it moving along.  In the past few years, I've been able to jump back into it.  The problem is that I'm older now and haven't messed with the code behind the site in quite a while.  I've had to relearn a few things and I'm getting close to the territory of "you can't teach an old dog new tricks."

The board is not nearly as active as it was many years ago.  If any of you have any ideas as to how to draw more people to the site to get more discussion, please let me know.

Elvis always wants to be in Hawaii listening to Elvis music.  I'll take anywhere tropical with some Jimmy Buffet tunes playing.   pHiNzuP

ElvisLives:
Mele kalikimaka, baby!

With the dedicated ‘social media’ sites out there, it is difficult to have a site just dedicated to a focused avocation. Personally, I refuse to be a part of those types of sites, but that’s a personal problem, I suppose.

I just hope you can keep this going.

Thank you.

JasonTX:

--- Quote from: Grant - AR on September 15, 2021, 05:10:36 PM ---The problem is that I'm older now and haven't messed with the code behind the site in quite a while.  I've had to relearn a few things and I'm getting close to the territory of "you can't teach an old dog new tricks."

--- End quote ---

Ok, I just checked your profile and compared it to mine.  YOU ARE NOT OLD.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version