Author Topic: NCAA Tournament Officiating  (Read 4165 times)

Offline Curious

• FAN REACTION: +36/-50
NCAA Tournament Officiating
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:57:02 PM »
Across the board...this is the poorest group of tournament officials I can ever remember. :'(

Lots of "good looking", cookie-cutter guys in striped shirts who look like deer caught in headlights.  Where are the longer-in-the-tooth - yet experienced - guys who can handle the heat?  Very disappointing to watch the glaring missed and, worse, made up calls; and more regrettable, as an official with no skin in the game, to make these statements.

It will, IMHO, be a huge improvement when Adams gets out. He's dumped a lot of top-notch officials and the overall quality of NCAA officiating has taken a huge fall-off.  I hope the officials selection process gets an overhaul as well. pi1eOn

Offline Curious

Re: NCAA Tournament Officiating
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 10:12:28 AM »
In the interest of fairness, I must give "props" to the crew that worked the Kentucky/ND game last night pHiNzuP pHiNzuP; but to my point, they were clearly more "experienced" and not intimidated by the importance of the game.

Nice to see a little grey hair and larger belt sizes! tiphat:

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
NCAA Tournament Officiating
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 06:04:51 PM »
It must be that time of year when everybody feels qualified to crap on the officials.

Offline Curious

Re: NCAA Tournament Officiating
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 03:49:42 PM »
It must be that time of year when everybody feels qualified to crap on the officials.

Nope: just the ones who can't officiate the block/charge and/or understand "verticality" (Dr. Steitz would be rolling over in his grave)  tiphat: