Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 4975 times)

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Super Bowl
« on: February 01, 2019, 06:08:53 PM »
Hoping for 3:00 game (extra 15 minutes for useless halftime), zero fouls, zero replays, 24-21 game, with a handshake line after the game.

I can dream.
Robert

Offline Derek Teigen

• FAN REACTION: +19/-1
  • Committed to the game; safety and sportsmanship
Re: Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 11:13:29 AM »
I was just thinking that the officials will be under even more scrutiny.  There is a lot of pressure on them and I hope they will do well and the game is played well with no injuries. FlAg1 FlAg1 FlAg1

Offline Derek Teigen

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 11:48:41 AM »
It looks like the officials did a fine job calling a very tight game...they missed a p.i. on Brandin Cooks late in the game but overall I enjoyed watching the defenses dominate
'
One question I had was there were 2 illegal shift calls and I rewound the plays but couldn't understand or see the illegal shifts.  One time the official said two men were in motion and the other there was no explanation. 

Did anybody else have the same questions or any obseravations on these calls?  The announcers didn't say a word about them...

thank you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:54:08 PM by Derek Teigen »

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 02:13:18 PM »
Hoping for 3:00 game (extra 15 minutes for useless halftime), zero fouls, zero replays, 24-21 game, with a handshake line after the game.

I can dream.
Robert

Well, we got ZERO REPLAYS.  Probably better than I could have wished for.  Like I said, halftime was useless.  17 extra minutes wasted.

I'd have given the Pats punter the MVP trophy.  He kept pinning the Rams inside their own 10.  Awesome.

Crew had no impact on the outcome of the game.  Also awesome.

Robert

Robert

Offline goodgrr

• Roger Goodgroves
  • FAN REACTION: +13/-12
  • We are always learning
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 03:57:26 PM »
'
One question I had was there were 2 illegal shift calls and I rewound the plays but couldn't understand or see the illegal shifts.  One time the official said two men were in motion and the other there was no explanation. 

Did anybody else have the same questions or any obseravations on these calls?  The announcers didn't say a word about them...

thank you.

10:06 3Q, looks like it should have been a false start with the left TE #81 almost starting his pull when Brandon Cooks was in motion.

Waiting on the all 22 to check out the other.

Offline BrendanP

• FAN REACTION: +19/-252
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 03:59:45 PM »
10:06 3Q, looks like it should have been a false start with the left TE #81 almost starting his pull when Brandon Cooks was in motion.

Waiting on the all 22 to check out the other.

The second illegal shift call I didn’t see the second player in motion, but I saw the motion man at the top of the formation going forward and predicted an illegal motion call.

Offline Derek Teigen

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 07:38:12 PM »
On one of those illegal shifts I am wondering if the man who was in motion at the snap hadn’t come set for 1 full second?

Offline goodgrr

• Roger Goodgroves
  • We are always learning
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 01:43:20 AM »
2-8-NE31 (7:57 3Q) The right tight end hasn't gone into his 3 point stance and goes down just as the WR goes in motion.

Offline Derek Teigen

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 09:31:44 AM »
ok thank you.  This is good stuff.  So the explanation would be that all 11 players had not come to a set position for 1 full second before the motion.  As I learned, this is a foul at the snap because team A always has the ability to correct itself by resetting all 11 players before the snap.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 09:03:02 AM »
IMHO, the New England Invitational (some still call it the Super Bowl) went as predicted . The veteran coach outcoached the young coach. The veteran QB outplayed the young QB. Our condo has a Super Bowl party every year. We always attend when we are in Florida.  We are always out numbered by anti-Patriot fans. This year there were several couples from Canada (Quebec, Nova Scotia & New Brunswick). I convinced them that ,being so close by NE, they should cheer for them. pHiNzuP They did...some in French :!# ! There weren't any Ram fans :'(. Most of the anti-Patriot fans left after the halftime show......

VIVA LES PATRIOTES.......

FlAg1 aWaRd aWaRd aWaRd aWaRd aWaRd aWaRd FlAg1

Offline Sonofanump

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 12:01:48 PM »
ok thank you.  This is good stuff.  So the explanation would be that all 11 players had not come to a set position for 1 full second before the motion.  As I learned, this is a foul at the snap because team A always has the ability to correct itself by resetting all 11 players before the snap.

Were all 11 set at one time prior to the snap or did that player never become set?
Wondering if this was the false start of the never set variety.  Is this different in NFL than it is for NCAA.

Just curious.

Offline goodgrr

• Roger Goodgroves
  • We are always learning
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 01:11:43 PM »
"ARTICLE 6. COMPLETE STOP. All offensive players are required to come to a complete stop and be in a set position
simultaneously for at least one full second prior to the snap. Failure to do so is an Illegal Shift."