Other Sports > Baseball

Baseball riddle II

(1/2) > >>

Ralph Damren:
Big ole' Bubba homers and strikes out, yet is part of his team's 1-2-3 inning. How so ???

centexsports:
I haven't called baseball in a long time.   Bubba jumps into the batter's box and homers.  The other coach rightly says he batted out of turn by one position.  Out!   He then comes up in his correct spot and strikes out.  Probably not correct but I tried.

GA Umpire:

--- Quote from: centexsports on June 17, 2019, 02:30:28 PM ---I haven't called baseball in a long time.   Bubba jumps into the batter's box and homers.  The other coach rightly says he batted out of turn by one position.  Out!   He then comes up in his correct spot and strikes out.  Probably not correct but I tried.

--- End quote ---

I think you nailed it.

bama_stripes:

--- Quote from: centexsports on June 17, 2019, 02:30:28 PM ---I haven't called baseball in a long time.   Bubba jumps into the batter's box and homers.  The other coach rightly says he batted out of turn by one position.  Out!   He then comes up in his correct spot and strikes out.  Probably not correct but I tried.

--- End quote ---

Youíre right, but to be technical, Bubbaís not out for batting out of order.  Itís the batter who should have been at the plate thatís out.

Ralph Damren:
You guys were all right on top of it  aWaRd aWaRd aWaRd !

(1) Batting order : A_B_C ,with Bubba C;
(2) A pops up;
(3) overexcited Bubba jumps into B's spot and homers;
(4) crafty opposing coach appeals;
(5) the scheduled batter, B is ruled out, and next up is the batter who followed him - BUbba ;
(6) this time Bubba strikes out....

NOT ALL BASEBALL STORIES CAN HAVE HAPPY ENDINGS...... :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version