Non-Officiating > Non-Officiating Discussion

Can't help but wonder...

(1/10) > >>

ElvisLives:
...if this Coronavirus crisis will extend into football season, and what impact it could have.  Anything from no effect, to possibly no season at all.  Frickin' bats...

Grant - AR:

--- Quote from: ElvisLives on March 12, 2020, 11:18:26 AM ---...if this Coronavirus crisis will extend into football season, and what impact it could have.  Anything from no effect, to possibly no season at all.  Frickin' bats...

--- End quote ---

As much as I love football, if it lasts that long, we have much bigger problems than no football this fall.  Anarchy will reign!

Kalle:

--- Quote from: carol1995 on March 12, 2020, 01:21:59 PM ---As much as I love football, if it lasts that long, we have much bigger problems than no football this fall.  Anarchy will reign!

--- End quote ---

Looking at the situation in China it seems that the main infection blows over in a month or two, so I'm really surprised if this affects the US season. It does affect us here in Finland, though, as our season starts in May and today the government banned all 500+ audience events and seriously recommends cancelling even smaller events until end of May...

AlUpstateNY:
Late August is a LONG way away, and such a decision might better wait until considering the ACTUAL situation, in hand, a lot closer to that date.  Many of the events currently being cancelled, or restricted are happening at INDOOR venues, whereas football is played outdoors.  However, the situation and risk at the time should determine the corrective means considered necessary.

js in sc:

--- Quote from: AlUpstateNY on March 12, 2020, 03:29:01 PM ---Late August is a LONG way away, and such a decision might better wait until considering the ACTUAL situation, in hand, a lot closer to that date.  Many of the events currently being cancelled, or restricted are happening at INDOOR venues, whereas football is played outdoors.  However, the situation and risk at the time should determine the corrective means considered necessary.

--- End quote ---
So is baseball and soccer.  Be that as it may, hopefully warmer weather will get rid of it.  Should have a vaccine by Fall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version