Author Topic: Marlins positive tests  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Getting Fat

• FAN REACTION: +5/-6
Marlins positive tests
« on: July 27, 2020, 11:20:08 AM »
Will be very interesting to see the impact the Marlins' positive tests have on the team, season, and league.

(CFB): For arguments sake, let's say the day after a Week 1 game, 5 players on one team test positive.  What happens to that team Week 2?  To their opponent for Week 1 and 2?  To their practices the following week?

I'd rather an affirmative decision to move the season to spring (and cross our fingers the world is a safer place by that time) than have a season that starts, stops, starts... 

My 2 cents, but since it's not so hypothetical anymore, curious what others think.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
Re: Marlins positive tests
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 02:57:58 PM »
Next man up.  There will probably be a number of minor leaguers with opportunities this year.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 08:41:37 AM »
The fact that the Yankee/Philly game was cancelled as those sick Marlins had used the visitors' locker room the day before was an eye opener. IMHO, it probably wouldn't take much to end the season before it barely began. I believe my beloved Red Sox would then finish in last place :( . The only contact in baseball is on tag plays. In the NHL, NBA and NFL , where contact exists on a higher level, there may some strong reactions.

Offline bbeagle

• FAN REACTION: +14/-52
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 03:35:13 PM »
The only contact in baseball is on tag plays. In the NHL, NBA and NFL , where contact exists on a higher level, there may some strong reactions.

The NHL and NBA are both in bubbles. No traveling. The NHL has the best chance of finishing the season as their bubble is in Canada, which has very few cases.

The NFL looks to be in trouble as they are following what MLB is doing and have double the players that MLB has.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 09:13:57 AM »
IMHO, in every facet of our lives, we seem to be operating on Lou Holtz's "WIN" method. He explained that "WIN" stood for "What's Important Now". No one knows what tomorrow or the day after will bring; we can only hope for the best and do what seems to be best for ourselves and our loved ones.  :bOW