The STUPIDEST officiating of all time

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ralph Damren:
This topic prompted me to pull from my bookshelf a book :
                             THE WORST CALL EVER!
                             By Kyle Garlett
                             HarperCollins Publishers
                             Copyright 2007
This was a gag-gift given to me at a coaches clinic several years ago  ;D. I was asked if I would like to add a chapter  :P ; I responded: "Only if I could add several more chapters about bad moves that you guys have made  ::) :P !" They jokingly agreed that they make more bad moves than we make bad calls, but they "remind  >:(  :puke: " us of ours on the spot. Reading the book led me to feel the worst call - in my heart -- was the USA-USSR Olympic basketball game in 1972. I believe that Ref. Mag had a rebuttal a few years ago stating that it was handled correctly -STILL A BAD CALL ,TO ME, I WAS A TEAM USA FAN  :(.  Bad plays by players or bad moves by coaches do not seem to  get nearly as much press as bad calls by officials. leading me to remember the ole' slogan :

[/OFFICIALS MUST BE PERFECT AND CONTINUE TO APPROVE

z^ ^flag ^good ^no ^TD ^talk z^b]

jonesluci:
This isn't good. I've been to horse races several times with my wife. I know that there is a peculiarity in horse racing that young horses compete in the early races. And among them I have a couple of favorites, which often justify the expectations of the bookmakers at 12Bet. The odds on the victory of these horses usually start from 2.00 and above. My friend advised me to choose a race where there is no clear favorite, and the odds of success for such horses spring from the values close to 4.00. The main thing is to take three to five horses with high chances of winning, but not the leading competitor.

Ralph Damren:
Welcome, jonesluci, to our forum. I hope you'll find it both interesting and informative. While I know very little about horseracing, I do know that I wouldn't want to be a jockey  :). My wife and I used to go to trotters once a year. I had this long-winded formula, dealing with their times/place/etc ;while my wife bet on the last horse to poop  :puke:.

dammitbobby:
Timely news today for this thread:  the horse in question that won this year's Derby, and failed the drug test a week later, died today on a track in California.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/sport/medina-spirit-death-horse-racing-spt-intl/index.html

Ralph Damren:

--- Quote from: dammitbobby on December 06, 2021, 02:44:32 PM ---Timely news today for this thread:  the horse in question that won this year's Derby, and failed the drug test a week later, died today on a track in California.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/sport/medina-spirit-death-horse-racing-spt-intl/index.html

--- End quote ---

PARENT TO CHILD...

MARE TO PONY....
                 DON'T DO DRUGS !!       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version