Author Topic: Even we don't see these every day...  (Read 2211 times)

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Even we don't see these every day...
« on: August 10, 2022, 10:34:45 AM »
Walked out of a school board meeting about 6:45 Monday night in Dumas, Texas, looked off to the northeast, and look at what I saw. See attachment. At first, I thought it was just what we call a dust-devil. But, then I followed it all the way up into the cloud, and then noticed that the cloud was a true storm cloud. No, not a dust-devil. A true frickin' TORNADO. A small one, I will grant you. But a tornado, just the same. Moving northwest. I was told that it tore a roof off of a mobile home, and overturned some 18-wheelers on US 287. But no casualties or major injuries. Unless you count my car. I was needing to head south, so, after I took the photo, I jumped in my car and took off. Only got a couple of blocks before I ran into heavy rain and hail. Hail was up to 1" diameter - not huge by Texas standards, but enough to ding my car significantly. Fortunately, they are hard to see, unless you look for them, but they are there. The worst part was that I stopped as near to a canopy as I could at a convenience store, to mitigate the hail, but a rogue wind-blown shopping cart nailed me in the right-rear door. Got a nice couple of dents outta that. Already contacted my insurance company - only a $50 deductible, so it won't be much outta pocket to get things fixed.
Climate change my hiney. This has been goin' on in Texas since before Davy Crockett. Nothin' changin' here except the population, but the Gov is trying to fix that!
Have a great day, y'all!  :)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +864/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: Even we don't see these every day...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 01:52:40 PM »
While Texas has tornados, Mainehas snow storms....

Yours are deadly while ours are slippery.....

I'dtake ours anyday....ith my LLBean spiked boots :)

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 03:40:47 PM »
While Texas has tornados, Mainehas snow storms....

Yours are deadly while ours are slippery.....

I'dtake ours anyday....ith my LLBean spiked boots :)

Around here, slippery is deadly, too. Let's just all move to Hawai'i.  8]

Online GA Umpire

• Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +30/-3
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 04:54:18 PM »
Around here, slippery is deadly, too. Let's just all move to Hawai'i.  8]

Then you have to face volcanoes. 
But at least the weather will be warm.

Online ElvisLives

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 06:13:32 PM »
Then you have to face volcanoes. 
But at least the weather will be warm.

Only on the Big Island, and that only bothers the south and southeast coastal areas. Hilo and Kona don’t really get bothered. But, Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Lanai, and even Molokai are so very pleasant year ‘round.
All time high temp in Honolulu (on Oahu) = 95. All time low temp in Honolulu = 55. That’s a pretty good range, I’m sayin’.
And those beautiful hula girls…