Football Officiating > General Discussion

Football in New York City?

<< < (5/5)

Welpe:
GoodScout, I'm sorry you are missing this season.  I went through that last year and it was not a fun experience.  But before you know it, next season will be here.

Jason, I'm sorry but Houston, Dallas and Austin area drivers stink.  There are a lot of things I like about this state but the drivers are not one of them.  And I don't golf.   ;)

GAHSUMPIRE:
Scout, hope all is well up there. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I spent about 6 years in the NYC area a while back. After living there, I vowed to myself, in the words of the immortal Lewis Grizzard, "If I ever get back to Georgia, I'm gonna nail my feet to the floor".

I read in your blog that you were still in search of barbecue in the city. It's been a while since I've been up there, but Virgil's (45th St and 6th Ave I believe- or somewhere close to there) is passable, though my favorite was Brother Jimmy's down in the Village- 7th Ave and Houston. (And I'm sure you know by now that street is pronounced like the county in Georgia, not the city in Texas).

I hope they are still there.

Good luck to you.

VALJ:
Any chance of working as an observer or a clock operator?

Mike L:

--- Quote from: JasonTX on August 22, 2010, 11:12:50 AM ---Drivers?  Are you serious?  You must be talking about golf.  The drivers in LA and all of California are really bad.  People there hit there breaks over anything and create traffic jams.  It's like a leaf blow across the highway and one car hits the breaks and then everyone, in response to that one car tapping their breaklights, hit theirs and then you have 3 miles of traffic jam.  It's a freaking leaf people.   ;D

--- End quote ---

The main problem with CA driving is the idea of how to merge is completely unknown. But at least we know vehicles have brakes to slow down and breaks when they don't.

GoodScout:

--- Quote from: VALJ on August 22, 2010, 10:29:11 PM ---Any chance of working as an observer or a clock operator?

--- End quote ---
Don't know. I emailed my contact information to the secretary at PSAL, but didn't hear anything. If PSAL doesn't need me, I may contact the Westchester County FOA. Would be a little harder for me to get there, as I'd have to take the MetroNorth or get a Zipcar, but even running a clock would help me through my withdrawl. My friends in my old association are all talking about their first games, and it's killing me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version