Other Sports > Basketball

Technical foul in NFHSA game

(1/2) > >>

arthurhawgerelli:
Is there an automatic "seat belt" rule if a coach receives a technical foul in a high school game under federation rules?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Welpe:
Per the NFHS rules, yes, the head coach loses his/her coach's box privilege if he has been assessed either a direct or indirect technical foul.  There may be a state exception to this.

Rulesman:
Knowing the state in which arthurhawgerelli resides, I can assure you there is no exception in his state to the rule in question (10-5-1a if you are interested).

Welpe:

--- Quote from: Rulesman on February 05, 2011, 06:54:17 PM ---Knowing the state in which arthurhawgerelli resides, I can assure you there is no exception in his state to the rule in question (10-5-1a if you are interested).

--- End quote ---

Well in that case it is confirmed, the coach loses the right to stand.

APG:

--- Quote from: Welpe on February 09, 2011, 10:28:03 AM ---Well in that case it is confirmed, the coach loses the right to stand.

--- End quote ---

Save to request a timeout, go to the table to request a timeout for a correctable error, to replace an injured/DQed player, or a spontaneous reaction to an outstanding play/replaced player.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version