Football Officiating > War Stories

I'll just waive off that flag

(1/2) > >>

Shoottv:
Last Friday night 2nd quarter and trailing badly B player is coming to my side and I hear him swearing and he takes off his helmet and tosses it about 5 yards in front of him. I  ^flag him for the outburst.

That is until I notice that his right shoulder is separated and his arm is in at rather unnatural angle.

I decide I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and I picked up the flag. I guess this may fall under the category of "make sure you see the whole play."

I did say I was sorry.

110:
I remember a kid with a separated *elbow* screaming at the top of his lungs words I can't print in my newspaper. Sometimes, you just kinda gotta let stuff go.

Rulesman:

--- Quote from: Livin' in the pit on September 08, 2011, 06:50:08 PM ---I remember a kid with a separated *elbow* screaming at the top of his lungs words I can't print in my newspaper. Sometimes, you just kinda gotta let stuff go.

--- End quote ---
Yep... it's called common sense.

Gtesli:
A couple of weeks ago we had a player down after a free kick squeeling like a pig and dropping bombs. We were about to flag him for the outburst until he rolled over on his back clutching his groin. We've all taken shots to the groin, but never by running full speed into a blocker and landing on his knee.

Etref:
Many, many years ago I was R in a JV game.

There was a fumble and out came by bean bag.

A lineman ran in the path and down he goes. He is laying on the ground squirming and saying,

"The ref hit me in the n*&% with his sand bag."

Everyone was laughing.........................

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version