Other Sports > Basketball

NYU at Wash U. (Women)

(1/2) > >>

Rulesman:
How bad is this? Note they are in the 2nd half of a tie game and are coming out of the time out with 12.5 seconds on the game clock and 10 seconds on the shot clock. Scroll about halfway down the page for the link to the video.

http://www.d3hoops.com/seasons/women/2011-12/contrib/20120122q0cvj4

Grant - AR:
What's the deal with the lights on the backboard going off?  Is that for the shot clock?

Rulesman:

--- Quote from: Grant - AR on January 24, 2012, 08:55:51 AM ---What's the deal with the lights on the backboard going off?  Is that for the shot clock?

--- End quote ---
Sending you a PM.

Rulesman:

--- Quote from: Grant - AR on January 24, 2012, 08:55:51 AM ---What's the deal with the lights on the backboard going off?  Is that for the shot clock?

--- End quote ---
I was just told that was mandated this year for both the shot and game clocks. I assume the information was correct. You learn something new every day.

Curious:
It looks (and sounds) to me like the first put-back (reverse lay-up attempt) was released before the shot clock buzzer and subsequently hit the back "flange/brace" of the basket.  So no shot clock violation.  Then the second put-back beat the game clock horn..... :sTiR:

Comment: seems that there should be two different sounds for a shot clock violation and the game clock expiration.  I think the defensive team thought the game was over after the shot clock buzzer went off.  They seemed to quit after the first put-back/buzzer....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version