Author Topic: Annual Meeting Regsitration  (Read 297 times)

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +10/-5
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
Annual Meeting Regsitration
« on: July 15, 2021, 09:28:20 AM »
...is now open.

I'm curious - I thought that points had essentially gone by the wayside, and weren't really used anymore (they're definitely not in my chapter) but when registering, they specifically want to know what level (5-new official through 1) you are.  I turn mine in every year but I have no idea what they're really used for, especially at the state level.  My understanding is that in the past, some chapters would utilize points to determine eligibility for postseason and possibly even varsity assignments. 

Are points coming back?  Or just a nothingburger? 

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +103/-50
Re: Annual Meeting Regsitration
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 12:31:57 PM »
They are more for personal achievements.  Some chapters use them or used to use them in how a crew is able to form.  For example a 5 man crew couldn't form and have a total of less than 7 when adding up the division each member was is.  You couldn't have five division 1 members. 

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +115/-90
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 02:03:26 PM »
You might be wondering if Shaw will be live or recorded. He will be live.

Offline bctgp

• FAN REACTION: +5/-9
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 03:17:17 PM »
tracking attendee division is also a good way to understand the demographic of who is attending.  There are some chapters that still use points - mainly for crew creation as was mentioned prior.  Your points are updated in your TASO profile (assuming your chapter is reporting them to TASO as required).

Offline dammitbobby

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 03:22:00 PM »
Yes, I can see them on my profile, but I don't see anything on the site explaining the points, or at a state level, what the levels are.  For example, from what I can on other chapter sites, based on my points total showing on TASO I should be about right in the middle of Level IV but am still classed at Level V on the TASO site.

Offline bctgp

• FAN REACTION: +5/-9
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 03:54:49 PM »
It's in the TASO Football Operating procedures.  You can access it in your Members Portal Page in TASO account.

Offline dammitbobby

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 04:14:24 PM »
Thank s, found it - like I though, I ad pretty close to the middle of Level IV, but it shows as V.  No idea why.

Offline JasonTX

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 04:57:42 PM »
Thank s, found it - like I though, I ad pretty close to the middle of Level IV, but it shows as V.  No idea why.

You chapter should be keeping up with your points.   The points your chapter has will be what you should go by and then they need to turn in a report to TASO so you can see it in your portal.   I would reach out to who keeps up with the records for your chapter and see what they show.

Offline dammitbobby

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 05:09:07 PM »
I am pretty sure the points displayed on TASO are correct - I would assume that the site automatically assigns you a division based on the value of the points entered, or is it done manually?  If it's manually then yes, an error by the person inputting the numbers and division; if it's automated then it's an error within the website.

Offline JasonTX

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 08:09:32 PM »
I am pretty sure the points displayed on TASO are correct - I would assume that the site automatically assigns you a division based on the value of the points entered, or is it done manually?  If it's manually then yes, an error by the person inputting the numbers and division; if it's automated then it's an error within the website.

I don't think it's automatic.  The spreadsheet we submit we have to enter the division as well.  It appears when your chapter submitted theirs they didn't put the correct division.  You can have your secretary get that fixed.

Offline dammitbobby

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2021, 08:43:39 AM »
will do, thank you!

Offline copedaddy

• FAN REACTION: +6/-6
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2021, 06:29:47 PM »
I started a few years ago classifying myself as Division 1-2A. People would ask what it means and I would tell them I had twice as many points than a D1. They would just stare, and I would laugh. I am now D1-4A. My goal is to reach 5A before I die. Hey I earned those points why should I have to be just a D1 official? Doesn't really matter to me, I just like stirring the pot.