Author Topic: question  (Read 380 times)

Offline Navcom

• FAN REACTION: +2/-0
  • The Action is the Juice...............I'm in.
question
« on: March 17, 2021, 12:28:59 PM »
 A2/6@B-25 B44 intercepts a pass at the B-1 and advances to the B-5 where he is hit and fumbles. The fumble is recovered by B55 at the B-2 and his momentum brings him into the EZ where he is tackled.

A2/10@B-30, with the clock running near the end of the 4th quarter the ball is snapped (0:15) A41 catches a pass and runs to the B27 where he is tackled (0:08).  There is a flag down for 5 in the backfield by the offense. 

Online Legacy Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +48/-9
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 12:55:00 PM »
The first play is a safety and is being discussed in the momentum thread posted by dammitbobby. 

For #2, A 2/15, @ B-35, GC 0:08 RFP*, PC 25. No 10RO because the foul didnít stop the clock.

* I say RFP because the play says he was tackled which I assume means inbounds. If he had gone out of bounds or scored the clock would be on the snap.

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +114/-85
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 03:46:17 PM »
Doesn't 3-4-3 compel us to let B decide if they want the game clock to start on the snap OR referee's signal?

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +138/-24
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 07:26:30 PM »
#2 Team B gets the choice of snap or ready if Team B is behind or tied.

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +114/-85
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 07:42:16 AM »
#2 Team B gets the choice of snap or ready if Team B is behind or tied.

Yeah, I threw that out there because Legacy was right about needing to know if the ball was dead inbounds or out of bounds, but we also need to know the score in these time critical situations. I don't know who are authoring the questions being presented here, but they really need to take all of this into account, and provide all necessary information. Yeah, the author was probably just wanting to test knowledge of the 10-second subtraction rule. That's all well and good, but the "Well, you know what I meant" mentality does a huge disservice to those attempting to answer the question - especially if if the advancement of the test taker is (at least partially) dependent upon his/her answer. C'mon, man. Write better questions.

Online Legacy Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +48/-9
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 07:32:23 PM »
Yes, if the player was tackled in bounds and Team A was leading or the game was tied, Team B would have the option to start the clock on the snap. Also agreed on writing complete questions. We shouldn't have to guess at the intent of a test question.