Author Topic: I'll just waive off that flag  (Read 5526 times)

Shoottv

I'll just waive off that flag
« on: September 08, 2011, 05:42:34 PM »
Last Friday night 2nd quarter and trailing badly B player is coming to my side and I hear him swearing and he takes off his helmet and tosses it about 5 yards in front of him. I  ^flag him for the outburst.

That is until I notice that his right shoulder is separated and his arm is in at rather unnatural angle.

I decide I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and I picked up the flag. I guess this may fall under the category of "make sure you see the whole play."

I did say I was sorry.

Re: I'll just waive off that flag
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:50:08 PM »
I remember a kid with a separated *elbow* screaming at the top of his lungs words I can't print in my newspaper. Sometimes, you just kinda gotta let stuff go.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 10:14:03 AM »
I remember a kid with a separated *elbow* screaming at the top of his lungs words I can't print in my newspaper. Sometimes, you just kinda gotta let stuff go.
Yep... it's called common sense.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Gtesli

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 08:57:01 PM »
A couple of weeks ago we had a player down after a free kick squeeling like a pig and dropping bombs. We were about to flag him for the outburst until he rolled over on his back clutching his groin. We've all taken shots to the groin, but never by running full speed into a blocker and landing on his knee.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 06:24:42 PM »
Many, many years ago I was R in a JV game.

There was a fumble and out came by bean bag.

A lineman ran in the path and down he goes. He is laying on the ground squirming and saying,

"The ref hit me in the n*&% with his sand bag."

Everyone was laughing.........................
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline BNE-Ref

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • AGOA / QGOA
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »
Back in the 80s, I had a shot-weighted flag.  QB dropped well back, then rolled out right.  His RB took down an incoming defender, and I threw my flag for holding.  Unforfunately, the QB got in the way, and my flag collected him on the nose, shot ball first, resulting in a screamed f-word.  He ended up making a huge gain.  I figured bringing it back for the holding was good enough without adding on something for the audible obscenity...