Author Topic: 1st year Ump here for SCHSL  (Read 659 times)

Offline 5thDown

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
1st year Ump here for SCHSL
« on: August 19, 2022, 10:36:25 PM »
So, Iím heavy set trying to loose weight and I have been having a hard time keeping my pants up. Itís a little embarrassing but need advice. I am on a diet but need something else to help. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online GA Umpire

• Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +28/-1
Re: 1st year Ump here for SCHSL
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 12:14:33 AM »
So, Iím heavy set trying to loose weight and I have been having a hard time keeping my pants up. Itís a little embarrassing but need advice. I am on a diet but need something else to help. Any advice?

Suspenders under the striped shirt?
Or a smaller belt.  Your pants my look like a family just moved out, but your pants will stay up?

Offline 5thDown

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 09:33:41 AM »
Suspenders under the striped shirt?
Or a smaller belt.  Your pants my look like a family just moved out, but your pants will stay up?
Iíll try that. I seen a few belts and a belt called never sags.

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +340/-866
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 11:16:58 AM »

Been where you've been, and wish you luck where you're heading.  If you don't already have one, stop at Home Depot and get an "Awl".  With one, and a hammer, you can make lasting additional holes in ANY belt to keep pace with your progress.

Offline TampaSteve

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +23/-13
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 11:54:24 AM »
Note, I'm no Dr, dont play one on TV nor did I stay at a holiday inn last night.
I would highly recommend researching the practice of "fasting".
Back in the day, the narrative was "fasting burns muscle, not fat." - this is true, ONLY if you're lean.
Modern research evidences that Fasting is actually anabolic.

If fasting is too hardcore, eat one meal a day...because then you'll fast for 23:30.

Nevertheless, for keeping the britches up, yeah, if you hike over the belly it looks bad, but if you wear under your belly it also looks bad.
My only advise is to keep the belt tight.

Offline BIG UMP

• FAN REACTION: +9/-1
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 10:57:40 AM »
All suppliers carry a rubber belt, actually used to keep your shirt tucked in but it will assist in keeping your pants above it.  Google flexible rubber belt

Big Ump

"EVERY JOB IS A SELF-PORTRAIT OF THE PERSON WHO DID IT.  AUTOGRAPH YOUR WORK WITH EXCELLENCE."~unknown