Author Topic: Dragonfly Questions  (Read 1033 times)

Offline ncwingman

• FAN REACTION: +72/-13
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Dragonfly Questions
« on: August 24, 2022, 09:08:09 PM »
What are the biggest complaints that people have for Dragonfly, if you use it?

I've got a few, but I don't know if they're problems with the product, or I just haven't set things up right yet. Namely, Dragonfly doesn't seem to send any sort of update or change announcements. I thought that Arbiter probably sent *too many* emails at times, but I had a situation where I had my white hat in a game change, and I wouldn't have known had I not spoken to them personally and knew it was coming. Arbiter would have sent multiple emails when the changes happened.

I'm a little worried that if a game time or date changes, I won't be informed automatically either. Is that true, or is there a setting I've missed? The last few years, if Friday was going to be a rainout, it wasn't uncommon for everybody to move games up a day, but I'd get multiple emails about that if/when that happened with Arbiter.

I'm also generally not a fan of their UI, but that's less urgent of an issue. Why is the date and time of the game so tiny, for instance? But I don't want to get off on that rant...

Offline goldsmi

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
Re: Dragonfly Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 06:38:46 AM »
Dragonfly tech support says:

'To answer your question about how will you be notified of changes -- anytime you are assigned to a game, if a change occurs (either date, time, location, teams, involved, cancellation, etc.) you will be notified by receiving an email notification to the address you have on your DragonFly file, and also a push notification when you have the Center for Officials Services app downloaded on your phone.'

Other observations:
Game fees are not listed

Fellow crew members are not listed on game assignment until they accept the game

For game assignments, VISITING team is listed first - the rest of the world lists HOME team first

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 07:20:24 AM »
Notice that the DF tech support answer does NOT include “crew changes”.  We had two changes last week that I wouldn’t have known about without a call from my assignor.

Of course, you can check DF several times a day for crew changes, but who wants to do that?

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 10:35:00 PM »
1) No master schedule like Arbiter to match up crews with video, find out who is working where, etc.
2) Assigned crew is on the e-mail you get but in the actual program, you have to wait for the official to accept.
3) No lists like Arbiter for e-mailing your entire roster of officials.
4) Web and phone app are very slow to load.

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 12:46:27 PM »
Notice that the DF tech support answer does NOT include “crew changes”.  We had two changes last week that I wouldn’t have known about without a call from my assignor.

Of course, you can check DF several times a day for crew changes, but who wants to do that?
Ditto here. Arbiter would notify me whenever someone was unassigned and/or added. The registration process seems to be better, and I have no problem with the pay feature. My assignor is still having technical issues from time to time. I would really like to be able to access the master list of officials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 12:48:44 PM »
Dragonfly tech support says:

'To answer your question about how will you be notified of changes -- anytime you are assigned to a game, if a change occurs (either date, time, location, teams, involved, cancellation, etc.) you will be notified by receiving an email notification to the address you have on your DragonFly file, and also a push notification when you have the Center for Officials Services app downloaded on your phone.'

Other observations:
Game fees are not listed

Fellow crew members are not listed on game assignment until they accept the game

For game assignments, VISITING team is listed first - the rest of the world lists HOME team first
Dragonfly does a good job notifying me when my assignment changes. It does not do a good job of notifying me when my crew mates assignments change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk