RefStripes.com

Football Officiating => NCAA Discussion => Topic started by: Rulesman on July 20, 2013, 10:05:04 AM

Title: 2013 CFO NCAA Test Final KEY
Post by: Rulesman on July 20, 2013, 10:05:04 AM
Hot off the press.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: 2013 CFO NCAA Test Final KEY
Post by: younggun on July 24, 2013, 07:33:01 AM
Does anyone still know the reasoning for #48?
Title: Re: 2013 CFO NCAA Test Final KEY
Post by: Andrew McCarthy on July 24, 2013, 10:10:41 AM
I'd certainly like to know the reason.  Whether a completed pass is forward or backward is always reviewable.
Title: Re: 2013 CFO NCAA Test Final KEY
Post by: younggun on July 30, 2013, 05:20:53 PM
Question #48 is very similar to play 50 in the IR Case Book.
Title: Re: 2013 CFO NCAA Test Final KEY
Post by: FLbackjudge on July 31, 2013, 10:00:50 AM
I've been a replay official for only one season (after 30 years as an on field D-I official), so I'm certainly not an expert.  However, I believe the answer is simply wrong.  As a matter of fact, I think it's impossible to select the correct answer, since we don't know (a) the spot of the pass (b) where the DT was standing when he touched the pass, i.e. we don't know whether the first pass was forward or backward, so we can't know whether the second pass was legal.  Nonetheless, whether either pass was forward or backward or whether either was touched or caught is always reviewable, unless something has changed since the replay meeting in Chicago in June.