RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => NCAA Discussion => Topic started by: tx29 on July 26, 2013, 06:00:41 PM
-
I just got an email from FedEx tracking a delivery from Arbitersports. Could it be a rule book? aWaRd
-
out of interest when did you renew ?
-
Mine is on the way. (Sitting in UT and it's gotta make it to the east coast). Expected arrival Friday. Renewed 6/4.
-
At last - our shipment of books arrived yesterday.
-
Do the printed books include the AR revisions that just came out this week? (the online version does have them)
-
Yes - As best as I can tell so far the hardcopy version that just arrived is an exact match with the "new" posted pdf version. If I find any differences I'll post them.
-
Check AR 10-2-2-VIII
Ruling should read: "Penalty--10 yards. Subject to postscrimmage kick enforcement if Team B is next to snap the ball."
Is that how it reads in the printed book?
-
Printed Book: 10-2-2-VIII
A1, on his 40-yard line, punts from behind his neutral zone. B1 holds A2 behind or within three yards beyond the neutral zone after the kick crosses the neutral zone and before it has touched Team B.
RULING: Penalty—10 yards from the previous spot. Team A retains possession.
That matches the July 16th posted version.
-
Negative. The posted version has the update. Guys might want to take those printed ones and manually update with the AR changes out this week. Check the document properties. I think the latest version was created July 24
-
I just downloaded the posted version from the NCAA site 5 minutes ago and 10-2-2-VIII is identical to the posted version that I downloaded on 16-Jul-13. Does this mean that there are multiple posted versions at different NCAA url's?
From today's download at 8:10 this morning:
VIII. A1, on his 40-yard line, punts from behind his neutral zone. B1 holds A2 behind or within three yards beyond the neutral zone after the kick crosses the neutral zone and before it has touched Team
B. RULING: Penalty—10 yards from the previous spot. Team A retains possession.
-
You did not get it from CFO site?
-
I got it from the NCAA site for ordering/downloading the official rulebook. The paper book that I have (rec'd 30-Jul-13) matches the posted version there.
http://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4309-2013-and-2014-ncaa-football-rules-and-interpretations.aspx (http://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4309-2013-and-2014-ncaa-football-rules-and-interpretations.aspx)
So there is a version of the "official rules" posted on the CFO site that is different from the "official rules" posted on the NCAA's own "official rules" site?
-
OK - Mystery partly solved. I just went into my Arbiter account (with the CFO site link) and noted that the July AR modification memo contents have now been incorporated into the "official rulebook" posted there (on the CFO site). That July AR modification memo is not reflected in the "official rulebook" posted on the NCAA site as of 8:00 AM this morning.
-
Too many "official" rule books...
-
Too many "official" rule books...
I agree. This is getting out of hand.
-
Honestly, they should release the new rulebook in January, so by the time printing time comes in July, we've already ripped it to shreds and made 40 revisions, so the printed copy is accurate.
-
I'd love that... having an official (even if not 100%) book released before season starts in Brasil would be very helpfull
-
OK - Mystery partly solved. I just went into my Arbiter account (with the CFO site link) and noted that the July AR modification memo contents have now been incorporated into the "official rulebook" posted there (on the CFO site). That July AR modification memo is not reflected in the "official rulebook" posted on the NCAA site as of 8:00 AM this morning.
So is there a way to d/l the CFO Official Rule book?
-
So is there a way to d/l the CFO Official Rule book?
I just d/led one with this file name:
2013_14_Football_Rules_Book_ONLINE_FINAL_V3.pdf
Does anyone know if this is the final, final, final?
-
Check file properties. Should say created jul 24
-
Check file properties. Should say created jul 24
when I d/led it - the date created changes to the date/time of my download - 8-1-13 14 minutes ago". Is there another way to check it? The file is 4,655,097 bytes......and 4,657,152 "size on disk"
-
You need to open the pdf file on the source website before downloading it and check the properties there, then download it. When you download it, or use the pdf highlight tool, the properties sheet is updated on most versions of Adobe Acrobat.
-
Official printed rule books were delivered at the TASO state meeting yesterday which means everyone should have them in hand
before long. From a glance at the book it appears to have all the changes and clarifications as Dr. Redding explained them in his discussion.
-
The printed versions do not have the AR changes announced last week. I will work with TASO to try to get those pushed out to the masses so those who care, can make the edits in their books.